Friday, November 14, 2008

Why Wasn't I Notified

I went to my OB today for my yearly exam. I don't look forward to those at all. The questions about your health history, anything new or interesting in the health of your family, etc. I hate the questions " Do you drink alcohol?" or "Do you exercise and if you do how often?" If she only knew my obsession with fitness and exercise. I know I love my alcoholic drinks a couple days of week, but still health conscientious and like to stay in great shape. I say yes of course. I feel like such a lush or like drinking alcohol is evil or something. I look forward to my beer on Thursday, a couple drinks on Friday routine.

Chat continues between me and the NP (Doc was too busy). So, I see you turned 40 this year. Thanks for reminding me. She begins to tell me about all of the lovely things that could or could not happen. Along with my age comes endless amounts of tests I guess. So, she writes up orders for a mammogram, cholesterol check, and of course my migraine meds. I did tell her about my surgery that I had in August and how apparantly when you do turn 40 and you have surgery they want to make sure you don't croak on the table. I had a chest x-ray, eeg, and a ton of blood work done. With all of that I am sure to keep the Health Care business booming.

Now on to the exam...it is almost done...I just hate the uncomfortable feeling of being exposed like that. That has to be hard to look at vagina's all day and swab them. She proceeds to tell me ..."Now I must insert my finger into your rectum." I thought me telling her no I don't see blood in my stool was enough for her. OMG.. I wasn't expecting that at all...WTF I was thinking. Her response is "The Joys of turning 40." If that is a joy what is the yuck!? It's over for another year.

I know what to expect and NO I AM NOT GOING ON THE PILL. She offered it to me to help my cycle every month. I am so irregular...another joy of 40. I don't want any part of that. The pill made me crazy when I was on it. I got my tubes tied so I wouldn't have to deal with all of that business. No matter how crazy my cycle is or gets... I WILL NEVER GO BACK ON THE PILL.

5 comments:

Yellow Beads said...

UUGGGHH!! I hate it too--I go in two weeks!

Anonymous said...

Ugh, a finger in the butt?? And I thought the regular visits were bad enough. Just what are they searching for???

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

Ok finger up the butt?? No memo's on that! Why? I thought if you were having problems in that region then you would seek a rectal examination confusing? ... Oh I agree with the pill HATE the why it made my mood.

Dr. Wifey said...

i got the finger last time i went to the gyno... i told her i now understood why my cat was always so freaked about going to the vet!

morewineplease said...

Oh bless you heart... i hate that crap too!
The pill makes me psycho too... but I had to do something b/c of my anemia.. so I got on the Nuvaring, and was crazy as hell for about 4 months, and now I am normal again :) still on the ring!