Friday, November 28, 2008

I Did It!



Yesterday I ran the Thanksgiving Day Turkey 10K run. I have been anticipating that day for weeks. I was a bundle of nerves up until the gun shot start yesterday morning. It was a great day for a run. The temperature at start time was right around 30 degrees, no wind, lots of sun, and it was a pretty flat course right along Lake Michigan...just beautiful. ( a couple minor little hills). My husband, sister, BIL, and some friends all finished STRONG!!! My goal was to finish in less than an hour and I DID!! My time was 56:19. My sister finished at 56:00 and husband around 49 minutes. I think BIL was around 45 minutes. Anyways, we all did it and no matter what the time was, we had a great time. I am not sure if I am up for a half-marathon. I will consider it, but would like to run a couple more 10Ks to make sure that is something I can do.

I treated myself to a couple Hook and Ladders. I am not a pie eater so I didn't indulge there. So I just had a few cocktails and called it a day. It was a great day to be with family.












6 comments:

justme said...

awesome

morewineplease said...

Great job, that is awesome!!

Katie Ryan said...

Congratulaitons! That's fabulous.

Yellow Beads said...

AWESOME!!! Congrats on getting under your goal time!

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

Congrat Girl... that is amazing ... you rock!

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

Congratulaitions! That is awesome...I pulled a muscle in my leg and I have not got to do a lot of running and I miss it! Next weekend I have to run a half :)