Saturday, November 5, 2011
I haven't posted in months!! However, I am still updating my project 365 at least once a week and posting our family life in pictures. I enjoyed blogging, but enjoy doing the picture blog a whole lot better. So I will be deleting this blog and hopefully my friends and family will continue to check in on our crazy daily life. I am actually looking forward to doing the picture blog in 2012!! So check it out....Project 365!! I am actually going to change the name of that blog too!!
Posted by Tammy at 8:30 PM
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Today the mercury in the Twin Cities hit
88 degrees!!! It was amazing to finally feel the heat and even the humidity!! I've missed it so much. It has been a long and cold winter! Right after school I came home and did a quick 2 1/2 mile run. Emma rollerbladed and Brandon went to the lake to go fishing. We live very close to a lake so he rode his bike and took his pole to see if the biting was good today!!!
Yeah a tank top!!!
Emma is a rockstar on those blades!
And the fishing paid off!!! Brandon did share some of his catches with his buddy at the lake! They can only keep croppie and bluegill....until this weekend when it is opening weekend!! Bring on the Walleye and Bass!!!
Cleaning and hopefully having a big fish fry at the end of summer!!
Posted by Tammy at 8:12 PM
Tuesday, May 3, 2011
We went to Wisconsin this weekend and my sister has a hot tub. So the girls and boys both took their turns to take a dip in the tub!!!
Every time I would try and take the camera out and take pictures, they kept shouting
As you can see the boys are in the midst of shouting!! So that is why they all have their eyes closed!!!
Great night in the hot tub!!
Wish I remembered my suit!!
Posted by Tammy at 8:26 PM
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Emma's teacher is making her way to Milwaukee this summer for a Brewer/Twins game and has never been to the area. ( or at least that is what Emma is telling us) Since we moved from that general area, she asked Emma for some help for her visit.
As we were composing our list of things to do, it seemed like most of our list was all about barley and hops.
Here is what we came up with.......
~Miller Brewery Tour
~Sprecher Tour (another brewery)
~Water Street which includes these restuarants....Water Street Brewery, Milwaukee Ale House, and some others.
~ La Perla...one of my favorite Mexican restuarants.
~ walk along the Lake Michigan lakefront
Do you see a theme here? Hubby asks Emma to ask her teacher if she likes beer? Can you imagine? If a student asked me that I would be so tongue-tied!! I hope when we continue our list of fun things to do in Wisconsin as she visits this area...we can think of other things besides beer and food!!
Posted by Tammy at 8:00 PM
Monday, April 11, 2011
Just a little Spring Cleaning!! This is the most disgusting thing ever....thank goodness the kids embraced this and were good sports about it.
Our window well was OVERLOADED with alive frogs and even some dried up dead ones from the harsh winter months.
Brandon was taking out the live ones first and then....
he was raking out the dead ones...YUCK!!
There goes an alive frog!
Emma was a good sport too!!
(Alyssa deleted all of the pictures I took of her.)
Even Emma was helping out!
Thank goodness it's all cleaned out for now!
Posted by Tammy at 8:03 PM
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
Back in December I took a field trip with the first graders I teach to a really cool museum called The Mill City Museum in downtown Minneapolis. So when I knew my father in law was coming to town to visit, I knew he would think this place was "neat!" ( He uses that word a lot...neat)
Brandon and Grandpa Lennie waiting for the movie Minneapolis in 19 Minutes Flat to begin. A very quick movie on how Minneapolis became the city it is today. And all with typical accents like "Don't you know it" and a "You Betcha!!" Too funny!!
Emma hanging out and waiting to take the Flour Tower Tour (no pictures allowed on that tour)
The view from the look out...
Playing with water never gets too old!
Trying to figure out where that puzzle will fit by the river!
Finished our afternoon off with a lunch at Rock Bottom Brewery.
Great weekend with Grandpa Lennie!!
Posted by Tammy at 9:05 PM
Thursday, March 31, 2011
- I am SO sick of the cold temps that I can hardly stand it.
- I can't wait until April 19th because that is when my series of tests for my Minnesota teaching license will be over.
- I am very HOPEFUL that I will find a full time job teaching this Fall.
- I have been teaching first grade since November 2010 (as a long term sub) and am in the same school different classroom teaching the same grade.
- The first position was for a wonderful teacher who had her very first baby.
- My thoughts and prayers are for the teacher I am currently taking over for. She is battling cancer and has a VERY long road ahead. I am hopeful that everything will work out for her. She is 42 years old and has a serious fight ahead and I will prayer for her and her family everyday.
- The glass of wine I am drinking right now is AMAZING!! Love the 3 buck Chuck from Trader Joe's.
- Shopped last weekend at Nordstrom's Rack and I CAN'T wait to go back. LOVED IT!!!
- Baseball season is ready to start and I am SO excited!!! GO Brewers and Twins!! (National and American League favorites!!)
- Feeling like that I can finally call this place I moved to HOME!!
Posted by Tammy at 9:07 PM