Sunday, November 9, 2008

Weekend Happenings

The whole family got dressed up this weekend. We had a family wedding. It was a super fun wedding. The kids danced the night away. Brandon was cracking me up. He was break dancing and very comical. It was like he was performing for everyone. Emma enjoyed hanging out with all her cousins and dancing too. Alyssa caught the bouquet. She was nervous about the boy who was going to catch the garder. Relief...sigh...her cousin. They just got their photo taken, no slow dance. They were both relieved. They are only a few months apart in age...missed my photo opportunity. Alyssa was a bit surprised when she saw her orthodontist at the reception. She was nervous to chew gum and eat things she shouldn't. She was being teased like crazy. After her dance with the doc, he took a picture with her. I'll have to make a copy and give it to him this week when she gets her bands changed.
Alyssa and her orthodontist.



John was so not in the mood to take this photo. He hates it when I make him take our couples photo when the kids are wired and I want Alyssa to use our new camera with no experience.




Sibling hug.....



Alyssa







This is one photo for the record (they rarely hug like this)




The three before we left for the reception. Emma told me she looked like an American Girl Doll. I think it was the "pretty" we put in her hair.





My sister Tricia and I .


Tricia, Dad, Mom, and me! We were missing my brother and other sister. We wished they could of been there. Distance sucks sometimes. I will look forward to the holidays this year when we are all together.

That was it for our weekend. It was a mighty cold one too. It felt like Old Man Winter blew through for sure. I did go for a 5 mile run today. It was a chilly one. There were a few snowflakes floating in the sky. It was a good run, but I need to get better pants for this type of weather. My legs were frozen! I didn't leave the house for the rest of the day. Cozied up with some coffee and some TV. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

4 comments:

Laurie // 312 Beauty said...

I really love your dress - everyone looks so nice!

I'm very sad that I didn't get to be there:(

Soon enough, soon enough...can't wait.

Cynthia said...

You are a bigger person than I...I could not bring myself to run in the cold this morning...brrrr!
Great pictures!

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

Gosh y'all look so good. Look at you and your honey ....what a awesome looking couple. And some cute kid's...and I love your dress..

Wow good going on the run ....

morewineplease said...

beautiful pics, what a beautiful family you have!