Thursday, April 30, 2009
There are 28 days left of school...that is crazy...but I love it.
This week there has been things that have left me heartbroken and sad for many reasons.
For one, there is a little boy in my class who's family is going through a really hard time. His mother was diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's disease. The family found out last summer and decided not to tell their kids (younger ones) that this was going on in their family. Over the month of December they took a whirlwind family vacation and literally toured the US because they knew that their Mom would most likely not be around for this again and be way too sick to travel. The young kids in this family still didn't know why they were doing all of this.
In the last few months, she has completely deteriorated and now is in a wheelchair unable to communicate, eat on her own, or walk. I still don't know if the little boy knows of the situation. He knows his Mom is sick, but he doesn't understand. He broke down and starting crying yesterday at lunch and he still refused to say there was anything wrong. My heart is breaking for him. He is 8 years old and is going to lose his mother. I want to help this family. I will even take time out of my busy life and watch him play baseball. He needs a little cheering.
Now the Mom is in the hospital. Not sure what is going on, but the kids are not at school today. Again...heartache for them and their family. I have been praying for them and thinking of them and hoping that this sweet, little boy can open up someday and talk about what he is feeling and thinking.
After that story I can't write much more for now. Crying people...crying.
Friday, April 24, 2009
Can't wait 'til my bell rings at the end of school to run out and enjoy it! I think some kind of cocktail should be waiting for me.
Cheers to a great weekend ahead!
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Here I go......
8 Things I am Looking Forward Too
- For the weather to stay nice
- The adult only weekend of camping in June
- My third triathlon in July
- The last day of school this year
- A Mexico vacation for next Spring Break (that's the plan anyway)
- All of the camping trips we have planned this summer with our friends/family
- Swimming outside
- Wearing capris to work later this week! Yea my Spring wardrobe...finally!
8 Things I Did Yesterday
- Folded Laundry
- Taught a room full of second graders
- Worked out at the Y
- Watched a little TV
- Went on Facebook
- Read my Runner's magazine
- Did the dishes
- Ate healthy all day
8 Things I Wish I Could Do
- be on the show Survivor
- catch a plane to the ocean
- run a half-marathon
- get lasik surgery (no more contacts)
- bait and take a fish off the hook ( that would really surprise my hubby and kids)
- have a girl's shopping weekend away
- go on a romantic trip with hubby~somewhere tropical
- get rid of clutter...it drives me crazy!
8 Shows I Watch
- Amazing Race
- American Idol
- Desperate Housewives
- Grey's Anatomy
- Private Practice
- Dancing with the Stars
- Wife Swap (if I am home on Friday nights)
8 Blogger Friend's I Tag to Have a Little Fun Doing All Things 8
Sunday, April 19, 2009
In about a month everything will be green. I will take this beautiful day and hope summer makes a return VERY soon.
Today it is rainy and in the 40s. I miss my mid 70s already.
Thursday, April 16, 2009
It is a 40-year woman who is seeking love...kind of like the Bachelorette type of thing, however her suitors are men between the ages of 21-29. Call me crazy, but I can't imagine a "boy" who just turned of legal drinking age kissing someone who could be their mother. There were many references to the fact that men have done it for centuries, it is okay for women to do the same. (fall for someone younger).
It felt awkward watching her ask this 21 year old for a kiss. The guys seemed like they thought her experience could help them out. How? In life, the bedroom, buying a home or a car? Seriously people...not my thing at all.
Don't get me wrong, I think she was very attractive and I can see how she could pass for someone who is much younger than she is, but she has 4 kids and I believe at least 2 of them are in their young 20s. I will probably continue to watch this madness because hell...why not?
She had to eliminate some of the men last night. It is not like on the Bachelor where you accept a rose and give a peck on the cheek or a hug. She calls each man up to her and she says "Name please give me a kiss." If she kisses them on the lips, they can remain in the game or show, if she turns her cheek they are eliminated. So in a matter of just a few minutes she kissed 15 men on the lips.
If you watched, what did you think? Are you going to continue watching just out of plain curiosity like me? Or it is a waste on your DVR space.
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Monday, April 13, 2009
Between all three kids and their activities, I am completely screwed!
Soccer practice starts this week and the first games are this weekend. The older 2 are involved with this and hubby coaches older daughter's team.
In 2 weeks, the older 2 start baseball practice and games to follow. Not just one game a week, but 2!
The younger daughter has gymnastics and her baseball season starts at the end of May!
When am I going to be sane again? I will have to resort to maybe seeing my family on Friday nights for a dinner...we hope. I am going to have to give up my favorite work out class and that stresses me out. I will have to go at least one of the days or seriously things in my mind will go real bad. I WILL run while they are at practice or I WILL go CRAZY!!!
This will NEVER happen again. One sport a season. Soccer and baseball overlap about 4 weeks. Same with gymnastics and baseball. Then older daughter tells me she wants to be a cheerleader...that came out of left field. What's next??
Summer Shandy take me away......to somewhere warm and tropical.....ahhh.....the thought.
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Here are the kids off to find a gold mine of eggs. We are stopping at the bank tomorrow so they can cash in their change for dollars. Fun fun fun!
I also believe the word passport passed our lips.
Thursday, April 9, 2009
1. Hubby is home alone today. First day since the surgery.
2. Counting down the hours until my official Spring Break. (3 hours)
3. I see buds on the tree outside my classroom window...makes me hopeful that just maybe Spring is closer.
4. I am LONGING to feel a warm breeze. The forecast around here for the next week looks like it won't go above 50 degrees. I JUST WANT TO FEEL WARM AIR!!!
5. My son turned 10 2 weeks ago. We are finally having his party this Saturday.
6. In just a short 3 months I will be doing my third triathlon. I am seriously excited about that.
7. I am running a 5K at the end of this month. I am training to make sure it is my fastest one ever. Which means I would need to beat 27 minutes. I KNOW that I can DO IT.
8. The Easter Bunny is organized and ready. I can hardly believe it!
9. I baked cookies again yesterday...they were edible.
10. I am going to take the girls to the Hannah Montana movie. Yeah! (sarcasm)
****The first graders are screaming like crazy....THE EASTER BUNNY CAME!!*** I want to be that excited about something like that. They are so darn cute.
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
AND IT WASN'T LEAVING THE PATIENT HOME ALONE.....
On my way home my oldest daughter calls me and says "Mom are you trying to burn down our house?" Why? You left the house with cookies in the oven!!! OMG...I forgot about even putting cookies in the oven. They were the break and bake deal, so I had no mess.
I just left the house.
She tells me she will put the burnt cookies in the garage and open up the windows to let out all the smoke that I have created.
My house reeks so bad! That sucks because I cleaned this morning and it was smelling mighty fine. Plus having the windows open when the wind is whipping and the temperature at 48 degrees isn't any fun.
I am hoping all the candles I am burning helps. I am either having a blonde moment or dementia has started already.
Monday, April 6, 2009
On a different note...I am playing nurse for the next couple days. Hubby had surgery this morning. Nothing serious, but there is an ongoing joke that it must be contagious or something. I had hernia surgery last summer and hubby did a TERRIFIC job taking care of me. It is now my turn to take care of him. He had 3 hernias repaired today. He is doing wonderful, I am waiting on him. I really enjoy doing that because he is such a great man and has done so much for me.
He even let me leave the house tonight so I could work out. The kids took over and played the nurse while I was gone. I can't stress enough how GREAT he is. I know he will have a speedy recovery. While he is recovering I took a couple days off work and while the kids are at school, I can get ready for Easter and the bunny and not feel like I am rushing to get everything done.
Our Spring Break starts Friday....I hope the weather will cooperate and maybe reach 60 a couple of the days...but around here that is asking a lot!
Sunday, April 5, 2009
This about sums up my night.
- Drank some really good beer.
- Hung out with really great friends.
- Danced and danced and drank some more.
- Stayed out past midnight. (I didn't turn into a pumpkin...oh wait....)
- This sums up my morning. Got up around 8am to get ibuprofen. (Thought my head was going to errupt).
- Went back to bed...stopped off in the bathroom and hugged the porcelain god for a bit.
- Went back to bed and did not get out of my bed until 11am.
- Enjoyed a really greasy burger from Culver's.
- Didn't work out today...too dehydrated...
Am exhausted from all of this...oh wait everyone I am NOT 21? Really? Wow, back in the day I would of ran a marathon the next day. Not today...
Here are some pics from my night.
No this is not wife swap....
Saturday, April 4, 2009
I bought these flats to be comfortable on days when I don't want to wear heels.
These athletic slides are great for wearing around the house...these are SO comfortable.
I found all of these shoes at Kohl's. I love shopping there. Great prices!
In those heels I am going to be a "dancing queen." I am going out tonight! Yes! I am going out tonight. I haven't been out in a very long time. We will be with great friends, great music (bands) , and hopefully some great drinks! Until tomorrow....I AM going to bring my camera....a lot of people are heading out tonight. Have a great Saturday night.