Monday, November 24, 2008

It's Beginning to Look A lot Like...SNOW!!!

I woke up this morning and what to my wondering eyes did I see? No, it wasn't Santa and his reindeer, but a beautiful blanket of white snow. It was covering the trees, the grass, and the rooftops. It was a measurable snowfall. It was about an inch or more of snow. I took some pictures this morning, I will have to post them later. I forgot my camera at home.

Anyways, with this beautiful snow comes realizing that I should of checked the box with the kids snow stuff. Emma had no boots that fit her. I felt like such a bad Mom. I called some neighbors to see if they had some boots we could borrow for today. Thank goodness for nice neighbors with girls. I felt a little dumb doing that, but hubby will be stopping at the Target and picking up boots for Emma and snowpants for Brandon. I use to be so organized and prepared for the seasons. My husband informs that I have a different focus now. No, it's not ignoring my family. I really like to exercise and run. In my free time that is what I choose to do. I also am constantly doing laundry, picking up clutter, oh, I do work full time, blog, and love to do Facebook. Damn those friends who made me sign up. I am so addicted to it. Even hubby signed on to do it too. I feel like a nut sometimes looking for people I knew in college and high school. It is crazy.

I will post on my wine party and a few pictures from it. It was a lot of fun. Also, I will let you all in on a secret. It is called the dolphin. I will explain that later too.

I have a very busy 2 days at school. I have 12 hour days. It is Parent-Teacher Conference time. It should go quite smoothly. I love my class and all the kids are so nice.

6 comments:

Dr. Wifey said...

aw, you aren't a bad mom! the fact that you care if they have snow boots or not proves that.

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

I'm jealous of the snow, and can't wait for your pictures.

I understand the longing to be everything to everybody is just to dang difficult. That some things just slip right past ya, it not being a bad mom, and I admire you for exercising and having a little 'me' time. (I think as a mother .ya have too are just might go crazy)

Anyways I love facebook too, and can't understand why i'm so addicted. LOL

Yellow Beads said...

I decided this weekend if I could move any further SOUTH I would. I really do not like th cold, but since I am already in FL I will have to learn to deal with it, ha. :))

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

I wanna see pictures of your hair!!! Oh and the wine too.

Kat said...

We got a couple of inches here too. It made me both happy and sad at the same time.
;)

Katie Ryan said...

I've only seen snow twice in my life, and I don't think you can really call what I saw snow. It wasn't even enough to make a snowball. By the way, it's 78 degrees here! I'm so sick of the heat.