Monday, November 10, 2008

Sweets, Sweets, and more Sweets

I have cake on the brain this morning. I really want some sweets and keep thinking about how many we had this weekend. The wedding I went to on Saturday was all about the desserts. Each table had a centerpiece...it was a different cake at each table. How I wish I would of taken pictures of these cakes. We had this chocolate cake with an icing that looked almost fake. The cake tasted like a slice of heaven. There was a note at each table that said feel free to sample your neighbor's cake too. There were cheesecakes, banana cakes, pumpkin cakes, spice cakes, and many more. The kid's tables had cupcake towers, suckers and nerd ropes for them to eat. (They really loved all that sugar.) There was a cookie table that had hundreds of different types of cookies piled high. I wish there were goodie bags for me to take these home because after all of the cakes and the 5 course meal we ate, I was stuffed full. Oh and later there was pizza too. I passed on the pizza but got a little box of chocolates to take home.

5 comments:

Dr. Wifey said...

ok, now i want cheesecake! thanks :)

Kat said...

Why can't I go to weddings like that? That sounds awesome!!!

And now I want cake too. ;)

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

Girl the Guilt if I ate that banana cake...awwww but I would be in heaven... I mean I'm thinking of willy wonky when you were describing the kid's table. Kudo's on that wedding..the planner thought of everything.

Anonymous said...

Mmmm.... I have an excellent recipe for a bananas foster cake that you make with a cake mix if you are interested. I might have to make one soon. Thanks for making me hungry!!! :-)

Yellow Beads said...

wow, waht a great idea!!!! Now I want sweets too!