Saturday, November 1, 2008

Not Just Any Friday Night...

It was no ordinary Friday Night...it was trick or treat night. Our subdivision changed the normal city hours of trick or treat. It normally is held the Sunday before Halloween and is in the middle of the afternoon. So this year a few of us decided to see if others in our neighborhood would agree to switch. It was a huge hit and had almost 100% participation. Trick or Treat at night is so much better.


Way to show your team spirit Alyssa...We love the Brewers!


Carter the Prince...Brandon the battered Packer and Emma the glamour hippie girl.




Emma and her Prince



Emma has a new hair do...Friday we went to the salon and cut off 6 inches. I got bangs...hard to get use to. I'll have to post a picture to see what you all think.




This next section is totally unrelated to the Halloween Fun, but I thought I would share my new favorite drink. I really enjoy my beer. I like and enjoy Summer Shandy in the summer, Honey Weiss in the winter, but now I found a new beer. It is called Hook and Ladder. I went out with my girlfriends on a Wednesday night to have a glass of wine. I had my one glass of wine and wanted to try this beer they were advertising...to my bad luck they were sold out so the bartender recommended this beer. I tried it and loved it. It is so smooth and has a super flavor. I was on a mission to find this beer. It was found and now I found my new winter favorite ( at least for a little while...until the next taste test I do). So tonight I am going to catch up on my shows on the DVR and enjoy me one of these...maybe more!



The Golden Ale is what is so tasty to me. I will have to give the other flavors a try too.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot imagine trick or treating in the daytime!! I'm glad you got it changed. Daytime trick or treating sort of defeats the purpose of jack o'lanterns. Your kids look adorable!!

morewineplease said...

such adorable trick or treators! beautiful kids, I know you are so proud! Her hair is really cute, cannot wait to see yours!

Yellow Beads said...

The kids look great!! POST YOURS!! (I love beer too!)

Melissa B. said...

Dear Superior Scribbler: Sorry for the "canned" and unrelated nature of this comment, but I wanted to get to as many of you tonite as possible. One of the things that we at Scholastic Scribe are most proud of is the Silly Sunday Sweepstakes. Several of you are already familiar with the arbitrary and quite inane weekly attempt at humor...for you, and for those of you who have not yet played Sx3, I urge you to drop by Sunday to see what's up. Oh, and congrats on being named a SS. You earned it!

Kat said...

They look SO adorable in their costumes!!!! So CUTE!!!!!

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

During the day? I'm glad people agreed to change. I love their costume and the new hair do looks good on Emma. And you most post pics of yours new do.

Oh and thanks for the beer recommendation ... I will have to try it.