Monday, November 3, 2008

Where Was I?

Apparently I have been cooped up and living in a cave. I was talking to my Mom on my way home from work complaining about how the lines for the election are going to be ridiculously long and I have other things to do like run, coach my Battle of the Books team, make dinner for the family, and finally finish reading Twilight. Tammy she says I voted 3 weeks ago, so did Dad, your sister, and BIL. WTH? Why didn't I know about this? I would of voted. My mind is made up...why didn't anyone call me and let me know? So, I call my husband and ask him if he knew about this? Dah...it was in the paper and the news. Seriously I am thinking how could I've been so out of touch about all of this. Usually I am all over things like this.
I have come to the conclusion that in the morning I am running around like a crazy person getting things ready I don't have time for the paper. In the evening I either go to a class at the Y or go running. Finally, the biggest reason yet. I've been working on 6 grad credits and have been spending hours and hours writing papers, reading books, and typing out lesson plans that I don't watch the news anymore (very depressing anyways). Today, I finally finished my 6 credits and have sent all my materials to be graded. I am so thrilled to be done with this, I told another teacher today I was ready to do cartwheels down the hall. If she would of dared me, I would have done it. I am crazy like that.
My lesson learned that the next election I will vote beforehand and I will make sure to keep in touch with people who seem to know more about politics than me.

4 comments:

justme said...

yea about your grad stuff !!!

Cynthia said...

Really good for you on the credits!

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

wow you made me exhausted reading it. Good for you on the grad credit, I admire ya, now do those cartwheels. :)

Tricia said...

Yes I voted 2 weeks ago, felt great especially as I passed the polling place this AM and it was PACKED, line way, way out the door!!

2004~ 4years ago I waited in line for 3.5 hours I was not going down that path again; having said all that I do miss the excitement of not doing it ON election day. 4 years from now I think I will volunteer my time at the polling place and take the day off work!
Just think, of all the freebies you can get for voting on election day.