Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Cheesehead Race

On my way home from work today my friend calls me and says...."Guess what I was thinking I should do?" She shouts to the rooftops....A FULL MARATHON! Yikes I say...I think I need to think about my 10K race in a couple weeks first. I do however want to run a half marathon next Spring I tell her. I think that is something I could try and succeed at.

I was going to travel to the Mini-Indy in Indianapolis, but I just found out that our town will be hosting a marathon that same weekend!! I won't have to pay for travel expense, take off of work, or ask my SIL if I can invade her for the weekend. I can stay home! This is the first year for this event. It sounds wonderful because the course will be along Lake Michigan and pretty flat. That is good news for someone like me that has never done something like that. So after the 10K turkey race, I am going to sign up for that marathon...not the full, but the half. That is a start...you never know what I will want to do after that. Maybe a full someday, but for now just a 10K and the half next spring. So while I am running my first half marathon, my friend will kick a$$ at the full. Then we can celebrate together and buy bumper stickers for our cars so we look really cool.. :)

4 comments:

justme said...

the half is awesome...and i just watched the nyc marathon and i have no desire to run the full....too...fucking...long...

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

I want to run a full next year. I am runiing two 13.1 this year but would love to try a full. I might look into the one in Wisconsin because I could come up there and see my family and run a marathon too...cool.

Kat said...

Yay! That is exciting!!!!
I don't think I would ever have any desire to run a marathon. It just doesn't seem normal. And maybe even bad for your body. But my hubby has run a couple and is planning to do more.
But I WILL be running the 10K on Thanksgiving I have decided. :)

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

The half sounds better. I would love to run a full one, but lawd I need much more training. Good luck