Monday, September 1, 2008

Baking At It's Finest

If there is one thing Alyssa loves to do is bake. She takes pride in her wonderful desserts she makes and of course shares with her family and friends. Today is the day before school starting and what better way other than sharing the blender with your buddies.

They were off to make the chocolate chip/chunk cookies. I think that the dough sometimes is a bigger hit than the cookies itself.


Emma, Paige, Alyssa putting together some of the ingredients.
Taking turns....because that is what friends do.
Almost ready...
This is what is left of their cookie baking bonanza. Not only did they eat
a lot of the dough, but as soon as they came out of the oven the kids and
of course their friends had to have a sample. I am not kidding...they ate
4 dozen cookies...only 8 are left. Hopefully they don't have belly aches in the
morning.

Tomorrow is the first day of school. We are so excited...the kids are, I am too, the only thing, it is suppose to be 90 degrees tomorrow and I DO NOT HAVE AIR CONDITIONING in my classroom. That is right...the poor little second graders will be a sweaty, tired group by the time the dismissal bell rings. I am sure I will too.

I ran today...I was so excited because it has been 3 weeks since my surgery and I am officially starting my training program for the 10K I will be doing in November. I did some interval runs today. It was hot...around 85 degrees. I needed to start slow. I ran a 9 minute mile. Tomorrow a longer run. So excited to really be back in. Game on!!

3 comments:

Betsy Mae said...

good for you. i can't believe it's already been three weeks since your surgery. oh my goodness the time went by so quickly. take things slow....you can do it (and i know you know that) so just don't overdo things.

Cynthia said...

Congrats on the run...Good for you!

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

Girl those cookies make me hungry LOL... good lil cooks hehehe

Good luck tomorrow at school, and I hope ya'll don't suffer to bad without A.C. YIKES

Glad you are back in the swing of running, I can't imagine doing this after surgery so soon... wow you are inspirational...