Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First Day Excitement

Brandon and Emma (Alyssa was still primping)
First day of First Grade for Emma (my baby is growing up)
Emma, Brandon, Alyssa, and Zena (the dog).
We are ready for our first day.
Waiting for the bus. Alyssa went on a different bus this year. She is at the middle school and the other two are still in the Elementary.

I think I drove her nuts after school today...I was drilling her about everything. I am a nosey mom. I need to know DETAILS!! (who she talked to, who is next to her by her locker, her teachers, the lunchroom, the bus, etc). She was awful excited about the boy who has a locker next to her. However, that is the boy that gave us a wake up call at midnight. She has been smitten with him since Kindergarten. Hopefully, the year goes well, I am sure it will.

It was a great first day. The weather was the hottest it has been all summer long. It was 90 degrees by 9am. I had no AIR CONDITIONING. I thought my little second graders were going to pass out. I was letting them get drinks every half hour. They didn't hardly use the washroom today. We were sweating it out all day. Thank goodness for the cold front that will come through tonight. The only thing is that we will get the rain from Gustav for about 2 days. We need it around here and I will welcome the 70 degrees that will head our way this week.

I increased my run today...2.4 miles. Tomorrow is strength and crosstraining.

5 comments:

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

The kiddos look so ready for thier first day..very cute.

My run last night was 2.86 miles and it was super HOT out...good luck. Tonights run is only 1.5 miles (thank god).

Kat said...

My husband and I were commenting about how we haven't had a day over 90 all year and then the first day of school we get one. Grrr.

Look at all those kids waiting at the bus stop! Wow!

You have a beautiful family!

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

They look so adorable.. how cute are those outfits.

I'm glad you are getting some relief from the hot temps. I can't imagine trying to teach in all that heat.

Good going on the miles. I ran five today.. :)

Cynthia said...

What do you do for cross training?

Tammy said...

I cross train by going to this class at the Y. It is a combo fit class. We run, do circuits, spin bike, weighlift, squats, lunges, and even step aerobics. I call it boot camp. It is an awesome class. I go 3 times a week to that class and run the other days on my own.