Monday, September 29, 2008

Book MeMe

I was tagged by Confessions to do a book meme. This was a fun one. Thanks for the tag. I love to share my interests with others.


The Rules!!!!

  • Grab the nearest book.

  • Open the book to page 56.

  • Find the fifth sentence.

  • Post the text of the next two to five sentences in your blog along with these instructions.

  • Don’t dig for your favorite book, the cool book, or the intellectual one: pick the CLOSEST.

  • Tag five other people to do the same.

I grabbed a book I am reading for my Grad class. ( It was in my school bag...I have a lot of grading to do tonight and homework for my class) The book is: Classroom Instruction that Works~Research Based Strategies For Increasing Student Achievement . Here it is....Rewards can have a negative impact on intrinsic motivation whe they are offered to people for engaging in a task without considering any standard of performance. In a classroom, this might occur if a teacher promised students tangible rewards simply for doing an activity.

I choose to tag ....Laurie, Malia, any other takers?? Didn't know who else to tag for this? Anyone?? Anyone?? :)

***While doing this all I can hear is a constant beep, beep...Alyssa is getting texts like crazy....middle schoolers are nuts!

1 comment:

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

good book meme ... love the selection haha!! sorry for the distractions of the texting ..aggravating I bet!