Sunday, September 28, 2008

Wolf Trail Run



I did a trail run today. It was a 3.8 mile course. There are some real hilly parts and rough terrain, so different than road running. Felt worried about twisting my ankle or falling.




It was a cool morning. The temperature was around 60 degrees. It was perfect for running. Thank goodness it wasn't like yesterday. HOT for this time of year around here. It was mid 80s. So today was a beautiful fall day.




My goal in this race was to beat my time from last year. I delivered! I beat my time by almost 2 minutes and was 5th in my age category. My husband also did the run this year. This is his first time doing it. He did great. He of course kicked my a$$. It was great that he was cheering me on at the finish line. However, I for once would like to finish above and beyond all of my friends so I can cheer them on when they come in. Oh well...it was awesome. I still have 8 weeks until the 10K race. I am exicted about that one. The training has already started. John and I are doing that one together too. I am sure he'll kick my you know what again. That's okay, at least we are training together and spending time with eachother.



John and Tammy ~ before race...

5 comments:

justme said...

rock on, trail runs are HARD, i hate them !!!! good for you.

Betsy Mae said...

you two look so good!!!! congrats to you. thanks for your message...i will be fine.

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

Awesomw!! I wish my hubby would run with me....You two look so cute!

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

Ok y'all are like an amazing couple. Really I hope my old man and I are doing this soon together. :) OH good going on the race, and I know soon you will be the one cheering on you husband.

Great photo...

Kat said...

That is awesome! Great job!