Thursday, September 25, 2008

Thursday Thoughts

Things that I am thinking about on a Thursday.




  1. Things happen in threes. In this case a lot of bad things have happened in our school community this month. Tragedies...a 9-year old boy hit by a car on his bike....still in a coma and still no change in his condition in 3 weeks and I pray everyday for him, a boy's father died last week at the age of 28, a house fire a few blocks from school just the other day...a total loss for the family ( the kids were at school when this happened...they heard all of the fire trucks.) You wouldn't think anything of that, except this is a small community and when there is fire trucks and multiples of them...you get worried. The students in my class were worried about the school being on fire. It is scary to think about.

  2. On a brighter note, I couldn't stop dreaming about CAKE last night. I think it had to do with Confessions post yesterday on bridal showers and having no cake to enjoy. OMG, I was dreaming of chocolate cake, cheese cake, eating cake while running, and teaching. Crazy....

  3. Did you hear that PETA wants Ben and Jerry's ice-cream to use human breast milk instead of cows milk in their ice-cream? That sounds absolutely disgusting. Now, I heard this discussion on the radio this morning. I haven't actually researched this. But in my spare time ( hahaha) I just may.

  4. One more thing, it is Thirsty Thursday! However, I may opt for a glass of water instead of a beer. I have a race on Sunday.

5 comments:

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

1.) that poor little boy that is terrible(i'm praying he recovers). wow 28 that is so young, and i really hate when families loss everything in a fire. We live in a small community too (one stop sign) so I know what you mean, everyone panics when they her sirens.

2.) I need CAKE!! I can't believe showers don't have cake now... if this is a new trend, I'm going to have to stop going, and mail the gift.

3.) UMMM OMG I almost threw up!!! That is the nasty thing I every heard of .. WTH????

4.) Good luck on the race on Sunday...hey maybe one beer want hurt.

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

on 1.) i meant hear not her LOL

Laurie // 312 Beauty said...

PETA really bugs me. That sounds so disgusting, ack.

Tammy said...

I put the link under Peta.

Kat said...

PETA. Now there is a bunch of geniuses. Good grief.

And thank you very much, now I want cake!