Sunday, August 31, 2008

Cougar Hunting

I never heard of this until yesterday!!

Urban Dictionary: cougar hunting:
Cougar Hunting – See Cougar- Pronounced ‘Ku-Grr Hun-Ting’ – The act of pursuit of cougar’s in a bar, sporting even, at a funeral, or other appropriate “hunting” venue. The active hunter seeks a fiscally sound cougar, and then moves in for the kill. Avid cougar hunters will often have 2-3 cougars in the same pack. The goal for a cougar hunter is to establish a good base of experienced females who love to spend money on their young hunters, while retaining limited to no ties to commitment."
The reason behind this.
I was at a party yesterday and here I was listening to some 21 year boys talking about their conquests at the local bars and this is what they were talking about...cougar hunting. My old ears perked up...they scored according to them.
In all reality this is what I thought Cougar Hunting was. (not quite like this, but like an actual hunt they do with guns) I never heard of this before until yesterday. I couldn't believe it was in the Urban Dictionary. I do need to get out more. Yikes!


2 comments:

justme said...

oh we knew the word cougar a long time ago. we would be out and see cougars and pray to god we never became one.

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

my friend is one, she is 45 and is dating a guy 30 when she announced to me she was a cougar. I was like a Cougar? WTH she explained to me how it worked and hunting younger men. I told her that this is sick, b/c when a man does this he isn't labeled, but let a women go for a younger man and it like she is hunting for little boy's. It just seemed funny to me that she was proud of her hunt, so maybe there is something to this.