Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy 2009

It was a very fun New Year's this year. I really had no intentions of doing much that night except watch movies and hang out with the family. We got an invitation to head next door for some cocktails and cards. Glad we did and it only took 10 seconds to get there. The kids were RockBand junkies, we played darts, and played cards. In which of course I lost some and won some. So I probally evened out after all said and done.

We said Happy New Year at 11:00 (which is midnight Eastern Time) said cheers and were home in our beds by Midnight our time.

Yesterday was spent lounging all day. Hubby made everyone a wonderful breakfast. We watched football, napped, played hours of Monopoly with the kids ( I won), and watched a movie. It was a great day to spend the day.

This is the the final days before reality is back. Back to school/work on Monday. I think the kids will have a shock when they have to get up at 6:20 am again. They are still in bed as I type this out. So, today I will take down all the Christmas decorations, plus the 3 trees, clean the house, go to boot camp (can't miss that), go grocery shopping ( hate that), and just maybe organize the pantry...we'll see.

Happy New Year!

6 comments:

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

Sounds like a great way to bring in the new year.

We pretty much did the same.

Yellow Beads said...

We stayed in; was in bed at 10pm, ha.

Unknown said...

Sounds like you and the family had fun :) We watched the ball drop and went to bed... so much fun i tell ya! (can you hear the scarcasm?) :)

Melissa B. said...

Hope 2009 is all you expect, and more! Hey there, you Superior Scribbler, you! Melissa B., The Scholastic Scribe, here, checking in with fellow Scribblers! BTW, I've got a couple of things on my mind today. First off, don't forget Sx3 tomorrow...it's a stitch! And I've got a pretty good chance of snagging a superior blog award...thanking you in advance for your support!

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

A unexpected fun time, I love times like that. And I'm dreading going back to work Monday, but it's time to get back in the swing of things... :) Glad you had a great New Year!

Adlibby said...

Happy New Year!

P.S. I didn't forget that you awarded me... I'm just really slow. I REALLY appreciate it and I'm gonna post it on my site this week. I wanted to take the time and pass the love on to some new bloggers, and I've found some good ones.