Friday, January 23, 2009

Slumber or Not so Much of It

Why is it that every weekend my house turns into a huge slumber party? My kids are always asking for their friends to sleepover. If we don't want it to happen we tell the kids a week in advance not to even ask. We say, "Your parents want a peaceful weekend."

Sleepovers are great for them...why?

They can stay up late, eat junk food, drink soda, play video games, and watch movies. I think that sounds like a great time too. When I was a kid I did the same.

However, I now understand my parents and why they said NO!

I clean up the mess, listen to whiny crabby kids the next day, and really never know when they truly fall asleep because I am in bed WAY before they are. Did I mention clean up the mess? Or whiny, irritable kids??? Or the fact that I have 3 kids and when one kid has a sleepover they all want to have a sleepover. If I even try to say no, the whining, the begging, the pleading go on and on until I finally cave.

I can't say there will not be any sleepovers next weekend because my niece and nephew are sleeping here. Or some weekends in February because E has her birthday sleepover, our friends from out of town are coming to stay...I guess I am looking at March.

So, I will deal and enjoy all of the craziness and know that I was a kid once too and be greatful that my kids have friends who want to sleep here and just put some Corona in cup and not think about this madness at all.

Happy Friday everyone!

2 comments:

Dr. Wifey said...

corona in a cup - Love it! at least you know they are not getting into trouble when they are at your house

Tricia said...

but your house is so much fun!!!