Friday, January 9, 2009

Fun Friday Thoughts

What a beautiful day...it is snowing like mad, the temperatures are hovering around 18 degrees above zero, and there are 100 days left of school before summer break!

On my way to work this morning there were no lanes in sight, the lanes were snowy white, so I made my own lane this morning. Thank goodness for 4-wheel drive.

I am actually wearing a pair of skinny leg jeans with a really cute pair of boots. I look a little like I did in college...only if I were 21 again.

I have no plans this weekend. I love having weekends like that. Soon enough our schedules will be packed with things going on.

I watched Ugly Betty and Grey's last night. I love Ugly Betty...it is one of my favorite shows. Grey's was okay, but I am over the dead guy...out with you.

Just like Confessions posted about yesterday...the gym is packed with wannabe resolutionists! I can't stand it. I know it will thin out, but it is still annoying. I have decided on some fitness goals for myself.
  • Instead of doing 1 triathlon this year, I am going to do 2.
  • I am going to continue to train to become a better and faster runner. I am still undecided about a half marathon. I am doing another 10K sometime in March.
  • I will push myself harder doing "bootcamp" classes and when doing free weights, I will lift a heavier weight to build more muscle.
  • I will work harder on my core. When doing the "plank" exercise, I will not give up so easily.
  • Along with fitness comes confindence. I will work on that too, because sometimes I am not as confident in my appearance as I should be.
  • I have other goals as well, but won't bore anyone with them.

There really is no theme to this post. I have a lot in my head these days and thought I would share some of my thoughts.

6 comments:

Kat said...

Yep. It's snowing like mad here too. I think I am just about over it. Hurry up summer! ;)

Laurie // 312 Beauty said...

I'm over Denny too on Grey's - wish that storlyine would disappear.

I didn't watch Ugly Betty yet - got a full DVR to unload this weekend:)

Wish it were snowing here.

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

That is a whole lot of snow!!! I was watching the news yesterday morning and thought about you, and how bad the weather has been for y'all. Oh and I love Ugly Betty too, and Grey's is getting to soapish.

I cross my fingers that today want be as busy in the gym, being that it's Friday. And I'm proud of you for setting such goals, it's really inspiring reading your post.

Tricia said...

what will your second tri be? Still thinking about doing the olympic distance in Aug. would be a challenge, but so much training, not sure that I'm up for that!

morewineplease said...

you should have tons of confidence! You are beautiful, and seem to have it all going for you! Your goals kick mine!

Yellow Beads said...

Do you have a big calendar up counting the 100 days!? :))