Sunday, January 18, 2009

Updates are so Much Fun!

Back to reality tomorrow. I've had an impromptu vacation thanks to the weather. We did not have any school Thursday or Friday...it was way too fricking cold. Windchills were -41 degrees below zero Friday morning. I enjoyed Thursday off...got caught up with all the laundry and some other household chores.


Once Friday rolled around again and we found out school was cancelled for the second day in a row I felt very cooped up! I decided I needed to go work out and braved the conditions and went to the Y where let me tell you, it was PACKED! I think everyone felt that way.

Saturday was our work holiday party. It was fun to let loose and have some drinks with friends from school. I usually take pictures, but this year I didn't host the party and didn't want to forget my camera and have to worry about it. Maybe next year I will host once again. It is always an interesting time. The best thing about going out for us, it is easier. We no longer need to hire a babysitter because we have one right in the house. It is great. I pay her, but not like I would someone else. Is that wrong? Should I pay her more? I figure I clothe her, house her, and pay for recreational fun like her cell phone and movies and field trips. What does everyone else do?

These are from last year...
I missed you this year M!
Have to say this....our ceiling in the basement is now done....so it no longer looks like that. K and R....you both look fabulous...next year you can enjoy beverages and not be the DD because of being "with child" :)


Today did a little shopping. I am on the hunt for clearance deals. I went to Target and struck gold with the shoe department. Thanks K for the heads up on that! E came home with 3 new pairs of really cute flats and it only cost me for all 3 pairs was $11.22. Can't beat those prices. I also found some birthday gifts for some friends that have birthdays in February. Emma's birthday is coming up and we picked out some stuff for her gift bags. I was able to spend a little more because she is having 2 girls spend the night. I feel prepared for this. Her birthday is February 14th and I have gift bags, invites, and even know the menu. Phew.....


I also found some really great deals at Limited Too/Justice...Buy one clearance get one half off. Plus I had some bonus bucks. I found shorts from last season, capris, camis, jeans, t-shirts, etc and I came home with 8 items for less than 40.00. I know the weather is awfully cold here, but thought I can't pass these deals up.
My favorite find was at Pier 1 today, I found this for only $32.00...originally priced at $119.00. I can't wait for hubby to hang this up...it seriously weighs more than my kids!

2 comments:

Dr. Wifey said...

i am lovin' that Pier 1 find! ...may just have to swing by my Pier 1 after work...
keep warm!

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

Lovin' the wall art!