Monday, January 12, 2009

Silence Not Wanted

Everyday I drive about 25 minutes each way to work. I look forward to listening to the radio, my mp3 player, or a variety of CDs that I have in the car. As I accelerate down the snowy road today. I hear no sound coming from the radio. So I check the power...it is ON, I check the volume, it is On and I even try to make it louder...no luck...no sound on anything that I try. I realize that it is NOT working. This type of silence is not welcome because.....

If I try to sing, I may drive myself crazy because I have a terrible singing voice. I really am not a big fan of talking on my cell phone while driving...plus everyone is at work.

As I drive I am fiddling with this radio trying everything to make it work...nothing. It looks like it should work because you can see all the action going on, but no sound. I get to work and sit in the parking lot reading the manual to find out what am I doing wrong, is there a mute button I missed? What? I realize if I don't get to into work, I will be late and if I am late...yikes! I am on camera and if that happens even once I am warned not to be late. Not sure what the consequence of being 1 minute late, but hear through the grapevine it is not good.

I call my hubby and ask him to call the car dealership because I may sound like a complete idiot...seriously everyone I am not an idiot, but it is not working and driving 25 minutes in silence may drive me nuts! I may start to talk to myself and people driving down the road may think I am a real nut job.

5 comments:

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

No your not crazy for not wanting silence why driving, I pop in my mp3 player why driving to and from work. It gets me going, and I can't imagine no radio or anything to listen too why driving, so I would be doing the same thing...trying to get the thing working.... no matter if being late get me in ISS LOL

Cynthia said...

What's up with that...now I'm going to be wondering???

Tricia said...

how awful!!! seriously

Dr. Wifey said...

hope you get that fixed soon :)

Yellow Beads said...

Oh jman, I would go crazy without music in my car!!! (Although I rarely get to listen to music since the kids always want to watch a movie!)