Sunday, January 25, 2009

Can't Wait for the Green

I signed up for the Shamrock Shuffle in Chicago at the end of March. I am so excited to do this race. It is a huge venue. They cap the runners at 32,500. That is a lot of people. The race is an 8K. I am doing this with hubby and our best friends.

I like having things to look forward too. It motivates me to train harder. I know I am a bit pyscho as it is about working out, but this makes it worth my effort. I even looked up times from last year in my age category. I would like to place in the top 100 of my age category. If not the top 100 close to it. I am already going to start hitting it hard. The only thing is that I will have to continue to run the track at the Y or use the treadmill. The weather outside is horrible. I don't mind the cold, but today again windchills below zero. It can only get better. I hope. :)

We did have 1 sleepover this weekend. Not to say that the begging went on and on for everyone. I just held my ground. My oldest daughter had her friend stay over and they texted kids for hours last night. Just to see how nuts they were, I checked the log this morning...she texted almost 500 last night alone. I am totally serious. Thank goodness for the unlimited plan. They were texting boys...I remember when I was that age...we would call and actually talk. I guess this way it isn't so awkard with the silence on the phone.

Oh and I found this note on the floor today. It wasn't snooping because it was just sitting there...on the floor ready for me to read.

It was quite cute...I remember those days. "J" do you still want to go out with me? Or not...let me know by the end of the day...A When I mentioned it to her...it was like old news. To be 12 again...haha.

9 comments:

Dr. Wifey said...

Chicago in March is still too cold for me! that would be awesome if you could finish in the top 100 :) i remember when i was 12, i was not allowed to call boys. they could call me, but NO way i could call them. wonder what my parents would say about texting? hmmm to be 12 again, no thanks! those were some awkward years for me! LOL

justme said...

oh i am so like that with goals and checking times. i swear after i run a race, i analyze all the times and how i could have done better in my age group. it is a bit much, but glad to know i am not alone. i am thinking 80% sure going to go for doing the danskin tri this year.

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

Awesome! My sister just moved to Chicago.

Tammy said...

Feener~ I did the Danskin tri twice and I love it. Can't wait to do it again this year.

Tricia said...

Should be fun...but crowded. I can't believe that many people will be running. The marathon Tom did last year capped at 11,000 runners, hopefully they stagger the start times. Have fun training.

Khaye said...

maybe I should also visit the place!

Betsy Mae said...

Good for you!!! I admire that you are so passionate about working out and setting goals, I'm sure it's why you look gorgeous and why your attitude matches your outside appearance.

I love the note you found...yeah to be 12 again...two be 22 again..hell to be 32 again.

Unknown said...

Good for you! Hope it goes well!

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

Ok that is freakin cold, and Chicago sounds like a good challenge. I know your super excited.

LOL on snooping ... that is so cute, and I bet next time she'll make sure nothing out in open for momma to see...