Wednesday, December 31, 2008

It's All About the Weather...of Course

This has been a wonderful year. It was filled with many memories. One thing that stands out in my mind is the weather. All of my friends refer to me as Tammy the Meterologist. If you want to know the weather, just call me up and I can tell you. So it is fitting for me to post on this final day of 2008 about the weather. BTW, it is so frickin' cold here today...windchills below zero.


January 2008 brought the weirdest of weather. I was at school and on my computer was a tornado warning...what you say? A tornado warning in the beginning of January? Yes, everyone, there was a tornado that touched down only a few miles away from school. Most of the students had left for the day, except sports and clubs. Imagine sitting in the bathroom with 6-9 year olds freaking out about a tornado...it was way to weird for words. I was freaking out...I had to remain calm for the kids. One of the communites to our west was destroyed and it moved east to where I live and missed our neighborhood by just a mile or so.


We had so much snow this year at Easter I had the kids take photos outside in it. Brandon got a new shorts outfit...I told him to wear it, along with flip flops...we didn't care about what it looked like outside...it was Spring and Easter. (Snow at Easter, not that unusual, but this much maybe)



To end the year, we had almost a record breaking December for snowfall. I think we got close to 40 inches...just for this month alone. This was Christmas Eve. Tons and tons of snow. So much snow I was willing to share with everyone, now I look outside and this is what I see.
It rained all last weekend and most of it melted. Very crazy. So, cheers to the weather which everyone loves to talk about...especially me. Cheers to a new year and everything it will bring. Have fun tonight and be safe. Until 2009....


No comments: