Thursday, January 15, 2009

Should I Clean or Screw Around......

Things I should be doing on a day off from school. ( Too damn cold to go anywhere). School cancelled, the weather is below zero...could freeze if you went out for more than 10 minutes. I think we just may have off tomorrow too!! With wind chills predicted to be -40...no one should have to go anywhere.

Here I go with my list
  • organize cupboards (especially spice cabinet...have no idea what is in there)
  • fold the laundry I did all morning and put it away
  • vacuum, wash floors, dust, clean bathrooms (all 3 of them), wash all the sheets on the beds and remake beds ( I did do mine, just the kids now)
  • prepare a gourmet meal for my family
  • scrub the kitchen from top to bottom
  • grade papers and do lesson plans for school
  • play games with the kids (wait...that is why I have their friends over...great way to entertain them)
  • put updated photos of my kids in picture frames
  • organize the storage room ( I get scared just walking in there)
  • if hubby was home and the kids gone...a little boom boom!!

Instead I am:

  • baking muffins, breads, and in a few minutes I'll make some cookies
  • reading blogs
  • going on facebook...I love Facebook...I have connected with a lot of old friends...I am feeling nostalgic today or something
  • watching shows that are on my DVR...like Rock of Love Bus Tour (dumb show I know...but entertaining), 90210, General Hospital, True Beauty(embarrassed to even say I DVR that one)
  • looking at pictures from back in the day...i should be finding updated ones...not ancient ones from way in the past (college days)
  • chatting on the phone with bffs

If there is no school tomorrow because of this BITTER COLD, I will be a bit more productive.

Plus, I can even enjoy a few Corona's tonight with lime. No school means extra sleep time. I could drink one now, but would feel like a desperate housewife or something. Plus, the kids have their friends over...that wouldn't be good.

6 comments:

Dr. Wifey said...

i just do not see how you can live in the cold like that! i would never survive. i mean, i know you stay inside and all, but still! LOL
mmmmmm Corona

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

Enjoy your day off, I would not spend it doing all that cleaning :)

Betsy Mae said...

here's a tip...pour your beer in a coffee mug sista! kidding....well not completely kidding.

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

DEFINITELY the second list!

K Storm said...

Hey, thanks for dropping by my blog!
I cannot fathom 40 below. We are supposed to be at 18 degrees tonight and that is strange for us.

I am with you on the "chore" list. I find I can work in a chore sometimes while I watch my DVR shows and check FB and blogs...but the second list is more fun on a cold day.

Yellow Beads said...

Tammy, I could not imagine being in weather that cold, ugh. I hope you enjoyed your day off, I'm glad you didn't clean, but played. WE all need a day like that sometimes.