Tuesday, May 26, 2009

It is in God's Hands

I had a great weekend, but will post more on that later. I have pictures to share and good times to talk about, but first I want to share an update.

About a month ago I wrote about a little boy in my class and his Mom has ALS. She was diagnosed last summer and her condition has since deteriorated and right now, things don't look good. She got pneumonia over the weekend and is in the hospital with a breathing tube. Just last week, the boy's father told him that his Mom was not going to get better. He never told them that she would die, but just that she won't ever be the same.

They will be removing her breathing tube either tomorrow or Thursday. My prayers are with this family. My heart is breaking for this little boy and his siblings. He is such a strong little guy. All I want to do is hug him. The kids are getting baptized tonight.

5 comments:

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

I have goosebumps....I will say a prayer for them today.

Anonymous said...

That is so tragic. I cannot imagine how those kids are dealing with that. Prayers are coming their way from IL.

Wacie's Way said...

I just want to give that little boy a big hug. I feel so sad for the family.

Tricia said...

hopefully his mom will be at peace soon. so sad.

Betsy Mae said...

I'm so sorry that you are going through this, when you sign up to be a teacher I don't think this is something you thought you would have to face.

That poor family...how terrible. ALS is a horrible, horrible disease.