Thursday, May 21, 2009

Who's That Girl?

I can add Taxi service to my list of job titles. I spent 2 hours in the car shuffling the girls to and from baseball practice. Hubby actually took the boy to his game. (phew) It wouldn't be so bad, except all of their games and practices are 10 miles from each other. Crazy stuff.

I felt so completely overwhelmed by all of my "to do's" that I melted down like a crazy woman last night. I was a bit irrational. I couldn't help it because I hate leaving town when the house is in disarray. I haven't had the time to keep up with the mounding laundry, the dust, the candy wrappers that E loves to leave around her room, the backpacks, my DVR, and just day to day picking up. Hubby is a great helper, but sometimes that doesn't seem to be enough in my mind. I just SNAP and WHAM, I turn into a crazy nut! (gotta work on that)

We are leaving town for the weekend. Our first camping trip of the season...so excited, but OMG there is so much to get done. I took off tomorrow...

Spoiler Alert...Hubby spoiled it for me last night....he was watching the Brewer game and kept flipping channels to see if they announced the Idol winner..while I was upstairs watching it on the DVR and I was about 45 minutes behind the live time and all of a sudden I hear him SHOUT YES!! At that point I knew it was Kris...he despised Adam this season. So, I decided to fast forward and see the end....no surprise...but I missed Queen and some other performances. I did see the Black Eyed Peas.....love that song...BOOM BOOM POW!! Pumps me up. I also enjoyed KISS....my oldest daughter was disgusted at the fact that they were in their 50s and dressing up like that and couldn't understand that whole tongue thing....I can't either, but it was a good performance. I loved Keith Urban....when I heard that song on the CMAs, I bought that one right up.

Can't wait for this weekend....camping, friends, no schedules, chores. Just good times!

4 comments:

Yellow Beads said...

I am probably the only person who does not watch AI.

Betsy Mae said...

i'm the same way when we go out or away, i like to leave the house 'in order'. who wants to come home to a dirty house? have a great weekend...hey it's a long weekend there right?

Cynthia said...

Have fun camping! I loved seeing Kris sing with Keith U. Best part of the night:)

Wacie's Way said...

have fun camping!! I need to go get the newest Keith Urban CD. I missed all of AI except for the last 5 minutes. I hate that my daughter's softball games do not start until 8pm!! Too late!