Thursday, May 7, 2009

AI Madness and More Nonsense

Thursday Thoughts

  • Saturday is my day of pampering and hanging out with the best girls ever! My 2 sisters and my Mom. We are getting a pedi, going to see the movie Ghosts of Girlfriends Past, and lunch. I am super excited!

  • Tomorrow is Danny Gokey day in Milwaukee. For anyone who doesn't watch American Idol, he made the top 3. I was a little nervous watching the results last night, but he made it!! I was so excited. I wasn't that thrilled with his performance on Tuesday, but still he is one of my favorites. I think it would be fun to go and see him perform at the Summerfest grounds and everyone who attends gets a free ticket to Summerfest. Now those of you who don't know what Summerfest is, it is a HUGE 10 day musical festival in Milwaukee. Not only top music acts, but food, and lots of beer. He is also singing the National Anthem at the Brewer game tomorrow night. Go Brew Crew!!

  • Making Mother's Day projects in my class. We painted pots, planted Marigolds, drew our Mom's self portrait ( they are adorable), typed out a poem, and filled out a questionnaire about their Mom. It was quite funny reading their responses to questions about their Mom's favorite music, food, clothing, friends, tv shows and wishes. Some responses were, My mom's favorite TV shows are all violence, musical singers from Elvis to Led Zeppelin, the wish that broke my heart and made me have a tear in my eye, is the boy who's Mom has ALS. His wish is for his mom is to walk, talk, and use her hands again. I felt like hugging him.

  • The weather is perfect today (at least right now)...not a cloud in the sky and temps rising into the mid 70s. I think this afternoon it is Science outside!!

  • Looking forward to Thirsty Thursday. I will do my run and celebrate with a Corona Light. I didn't celebrate on Cinco de Mayo, so I guess it is Siete de Mayo instead. :)

7 comments:

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

Hope you have a great Mothers Day!

Dr. Wifey said...

sounds like you have some fun events coming up! and the Mother's Day projects are adorable. i love hearing what the little ones say (keep it coming!)

Anonymous said...

A mom questionnaire- that sounds cute!! I would love to see what my son would say! Happy mother's day!

Suzy said...

What a super dayyou have planned~~~Fun! And I'm rooting for Danny Gokey as well......

Laurie // 312 Beauty said...

I'm so excited for this weekend too!

I watched Idol last night - I like Danny Gokey the best. His voice is interesting.

I loved Daughtry, thought Gwen Stefani and Paula were a little ridiculous (Paula way more though!)

Wacie's Way said...

I like the Thirsty Thursday idea!! I went to see Elliot Yamin when he came home for his visit. I work downtown and he was just blocks away from my building around lunchtime so I couldn't pass up the opportunity!

morewineplease said...

Danny is awesome! I was glad he stayed in it, I bet he will be in the final 2!