Thursday, May 28, 2009

A New Diet Plan

How do you avoid temptation when there is this really delicious piece of chocolate cake sitting if front of you?

Bring it in your classroom and put it out so everyone can see....you get "Can I have that piece of cake?"

I did all of that on purpose because I am "cycling" and I would REALLY love that piece of cake, but I don't WANT it, because of the guilt of it all, so I did this instead.

I put it on the auction block this morning in class. I told the highest bidder they could have the cake for snack, but they couldn't bid money. They had to say something that I would want for it. I told them if they had listened to my stories, my ideas, and my passions this would be EASY!!

They were awesome at this challenge. These were their barters...2 new necklaces because you broke your favorites, earrings, a case of Diet Mountain Dew, new shoes, a movie to watch, the DVD of the seasons of American Idol, pink nailpolish, candy bars, shirts, a bigger cake, a playmate for my dog Zena, 3 movie tickets, lunch, a box of chocolates, a cat, and a new car.

How could I chose the highest bidder? They all know me so well. I decided they were all winners and I cut the cake into 16ths and they all enjoyed just a small bite. I thanked them for taking my calories away! They didn't get that at all. Problem solved...no guilt...just watching them was a treat itself!

3 comments:

Dr. Wifey said...

that is so cute how they pay attention to the little details :)

Tricia said...

I think I'll try this at home

BioniKat said...

They're too good. And they do listen after all even when you think they aren't. I too think you need a bigger cake to give to them for being such imaginative and thoughtful kids.