Friday, December 12, 2008

Is it Beer Thirty Yet?

Talk about a Crazy Friday....



First of all I feel like total C.R.A.P!!! I have this head cold that drove my husband crazy last night. I kept him up all night with my moaning, sniffling, coughing, and blowing my nose. I decided I couldn't call in sick to work because I have a pretty easy Friday...lots of prep periods...so I guess I can suffer through my misery and not take a sick day. I really wanted too, but I am here.



It is inside recess today...the windchill is well below zero and it is unbelievably cold here. A girl in my class tempted that by deciding to stick her tongue to a pole as soon as she got to school today. I had to start my day by talking to my class about how that is a dumb thing to do. I hope they all don't try it just because we talked about it. I also told them that even if someone double-dogged dared them, say NO!



There are substitute teachers everywhere in my building today. If I would of called in sick...the lady who does the sub calling probably would of killed me. I am the only teacher on my team here today. Talk about a nightmare. The one sub is like Viola Swamp from the Black Lagoon. I walk into the classroom where she is subbing and I hear her say "Boys No Fencing, karate kicking, or stabbing things with pencils!" WTH....7 and 8 year old don't even know what Fencing is...I rescue a couple of girls to get some supplies for their math period this afternoon. This is the same nut job lady I had to eat lunch with today. I thought I was going to go crazy.

The other sub...I really like her. I call her "Myrtle"...because she looks like one. She is this Grandmother lady who is so sweet, but she is awfully lonely and LOVES to talk your ear off. I see her once in a while at the grocery store and I have to dive behind the produce so she doesn't see me...if she does...it is a half hour conversation. She also likes to mumble to herself and use words like kids we must perservere...the kids at this age are like What?? did you say? God love her though.

Even though I am tawking like thwis and can't breathe thrwough my nose...I am having date night with hubby tonight. Maybe some Christmas shopping and a "nightcap" is exactly what I need to fweel bwetter.

***Before I left for work today I had a mini meltdown. My house is a mess and we are going to a waterpark tomorrow overnight....When will I find time to clean,do laundry, pick up crap and whatever else? I am sure it will be fine, but I had to freak about it...because that is what I do...

6 comments:

Kat said...

Don't worry about the laundry and mess. It's not going any where. ;)

I hope you feel better and are able to enjoy the waterpark!

Yellow Beads said...

I am starting to get a pretty bad cold myself---everyone else in the family has had it==I am the last, ugh. Enjoy your weekend.

Cynthia said...

It's a tough time of year. Try not to be to hard on yourself...Sit down, drink some tea, and try to feel better:)

Tricia said...

Monday is a way better day to take off or if you really want the best day in the whole week take off on Wednesday, you won't regret it :}

Anonymous said...

I hope your weekend got better than your Friday!

Tongue on a pole, huh? Haven't they seen "A Christmas Story"?

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

LOL Girl you crack me up, i hope you are better today.. Sorry about the nut job... she sounds like she don't need to be subbing. And I hope you had fun on y'all date...it sound like you needed to get a little time away..

Oh the house thing ...well it will never end, so don't worry about it.. you get it done!