Monday, December 15, 2008

Why do I Work Out...Cookies of Course

The benefits of working out 5 days a week.

Yes, that is correct, I work out on average 5 days a week. I run, do step classes, boot camps, weightlifting, and strengthening for starters. I feel guilty when I can't do something. In my mind I think if I don't go, I will gain weight almost instantly. Sometimes hubby says I can't relax and have a good time on the weekends because of my workout regimen. I would have to agree sometimes I do think about it and get obsessed about it. I wish I could change that somehow....anyways.

I have a favorite work out instructor who is highly motivating and bounces with energy all the time. I think that is why I like her is because I am very much like her....I have lots of energy. (Hubby would disagree come "bed" time). Every season comes a new goal or something fun to look forward too. Spring is usually let's get ready for hot legs in shorts. Summer let's have a hot bod for a bikini, Fall is let's think about making goals for the upcoming holiday season like fitting into a awesome looking dress. So once winter and the Christmas season arrives, it is all about talking about cookies. Yes...cookies and fattening cookies....no low fat stuff. So every year our instructor does a countdown to our annual cookie exchange. She looks forward to this and begins talking cookies in October.

This past weekend (in all of my spare time...not so much) I made 3 different types of cookies to exchange at our annual event. It was tonight and boy it was worth it. I almost forgot my shoes just thinking about all of the delicious cookies that I would be able to sample. I know that I could treat myself because my goodness I just worked out and sweat my arse off. To be honest, my cookies were the best. I don't mean to brag, but they were. Because when I came home I tried to look for something I would try and wouldn't you know it, I picked mine. I will eat some of the others, but I am sure the kids or hubby will get to them first.

It felt funny bringing in a plate of fattening baked goods to the Y...the gawkers were jealous of our little party. We even toasted with sparkling cider.

Back to the gym tomorrow....

That is why I work out 5 days a week...cookies!

8 comments:

Dr. Wifey said...

the fact that you make it to the gym 5x a week is awesome! i admire your discipline. so what kind of cookies did you make?

Anonymous said...

I love cookies, too, but need to get on the working-out-5-days-a-week thing. lol.

My favorites are raisin nut (pecan) cookies. So good!

justme said...

while i was training for the half marathon, i was eating whatever i wanted and staying at a good weight. now i am not at the gym enough and eating whatever i want. i know i need to get to the gym but i can't seem to do it consistnely with the kids and school and sickenss.

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

Wow - five days a week! I so wish I had the energy to go that much.

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

where do you find the time? Wow you are my inspiration.... I mean five days a week with that regiment you deserve some cookies. I have to add that is an excellent idea for gym Christmas party too celebrate with a cookie exchange...What kind of cookies did you make?

Tammy said...

I made oreo cheesecake balls. Some people call them chocolate balls. So yummy. I also made peanut butter squares...some people call the scotchies. Lastly I made these peanut butter crackers dipped in chocolate. They remind me the the tagalong cookies that I order from the Girl Scouts. Maybe I'll post some of the recipes.

Tricia said...

please post the mock Tagalongs, because that is about the only cookie I really like. Better yet, along w/ lasagna for xmas, you can bring these :}

Betsy Mae said...

I WISH I was addicted to working out! It's a fantastic obsession to have that's for sure. Thank goodness cookies don't do it for me and I don't eat them very often (almost never) but there are plenty of other things I love to eat! I know that exercise would help me with my lack of energy and sleeping problems...I just don't like it!!! arghhhhh. I have always been naturally thin but extra energy...and extra tone would great!