Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Scrooge?

I must be feeling like a scrooge this week or something.


Our student council decided to have a spirit week this week of all weeks. The week before Christmas when all of the students are jazzed up anyways. Another thing to add to this madness is the fact that it has been indoor recess for days because of the cold weather. The wind chill is below zero.


Yesterday was clash day...not a huge deal. At first I was wondering who dressed these kids yesterday because I forgot all about it.


Today however is dress like your favorite super hero or role model. Guess what? It is Halloween all over again. I have power rangers, cats, spiderman, etc. The kids came in hopped up like they all drank a red bull and had a bowl of sugar for breakfast...what were they thinking doing this?


The rest of the week isn't too bad. Tomorrow is wear colors according to your grade level. At least second grade is red. Thursday is Red Carpet Day...maybe I should get into the spirit and put on my 80s Prom Dress. Friday is holiday shirt day...don't have one, so I may stop at Target and see what I can find.


Enough of being a scrooge...I should lighten up and be thankful that the kids can put their costumes to use and wear them more than once.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, wear your prom dress!! That sounds like fun. If I could fit in mine, I would love a chance to wear mine again. Post some pics!

Yellow Beads said...

You can be a scrooge sometimes, we don't mind :)

Tricia said...

Talk about adding insult to injury.

who is on that committee? they should be punished, like noon recess duty for the whole month of January!! I can't think of a worse time to have spirit week. Good Luck!

Kat said...

Yipes. It is kind of a rough week to add spirit week on top of it. Busy, busy!

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

First off I'm LMAO at the picture, now that brings back memories... Today was pj for our school, and it was crazy this morning, so I can only imagine superhero day...

Oh and I think the 80's prom dress you need to do it, and take a picture.. :)

morewineplease said...

Oh that is torture for you guys!! I would hurt someone!

Yes, wear the prom dress and show us pictures.

Cynthia said...

I am kind of feeling the same way. Things just pile on around this time:P