Friday, October 17, 2008

Love Love Love my Job!!

I just love my job. Everyday is a new day...new thoughts...new adventures. The things these kids say are so funny...and random as well. Wish I could just blurt out whatever I was thinking on days...that would be interesting. So I am going to share just a couple of my favorites this week.

"Mrs. S...for circle share today can we share our favorite word?" ( I am thinking this could be good or go very bad...Please keep it rated G) The words were pretty basic words, nothing horrible except one kid said his favorite word was Potty. Okay...let's move on. The cutest one I thought was "Dude" The girl's explanation was in case she forgets someones name she can just say Dude. Rock on ....great idea!

In the middle of teaching something...this kid raises his hand....no big deal, but this kid always is so off topic, I get a bit nervous about what he might have to say. So I call on him and out of the blue he asks me "When are we making Lava Lamps?" "What" I say....I thought that was cute, but not ready to do something like that. Or the same kid as I am reading a story decides to stand up, pull his pant leg up and show me his knee...I am asking "What?" He tries to show me this red mark, I can't even see...so I send him to the nurse..because she always makes everything better. An ice-pack and a bandaid usually cures the ailments. Or the same kid telling me that a wasp almost got him today at recess...

Or same kid out of the blue again..."Mrs. S. I can use my water bottle as a rocket ship!"

I seriously love love love my class this year. They are so funny. They make me smile everyday. The things they tell me or want to show me are so cute. I must be doing something right this year, last week I was given 2 apples in 1 week. So awesome.

****As far as my crazy co-worker....let's just say she is a complete WHACK and leave it at that.***

5 comments:

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

I used to teach pre-k and loved it! The kids were so awesome but the pay sucked! I wish I was still doing it.

Dr. Wifey said...

i bet it would be funny to work with those kids. my nephew, who is 5, is a hoot! i would love to be a fly on the wall in his kindergarten class!

Katie Ryan said...

You sound like a wonderful teacher. I wish my 2nd grader had you for a teacher.

Yellow Beads said...

Sounds like you do have a fun time. It's so important to love your job, and not many people do!

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

I know you are a great teacher just b/c you shared these stories. Two apples is awesome. Addie likes to give banana's to her teacher, I don't think she minds.

That little boy is going to be a scientist one day LOL (rocket ships to making lava lamps) ...whacha out Mrs. S, he don't bring a surprise in for ya..