Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Cliffside or Over the Cliff

That was the name of the Resort...Cliffside Resort...

I stayed in the Haunted Hotel on Sunday night. I went with a friend/teacher from our building for a conference that was on Monday morning. It was almost a 2 hour drive from my house, so we needed to stay in a hotel. It was not a chain type of hotel so we didn't know what to expect. All I really cared about was that it was clean. It was clean, but ...

We pull up to register and we are only about the 6th car in the whole parking lot. That in itself is scary enough. This hotel was huge! It was right on a river...very pretty. Everything about the place looked and seemed haunted. The decor was very Victorian and antique like. We were greeted with a hog of some sort spouting water. Very weird and all. The pool looked as though no one had swam in it in years. It was mucky and grimy. No hot tub...we were so looking forward to that. As we roamed the hallways looking around we heard moaning ( that might explain the Do Not Disturb sign on the door). We went further down the hall and to be quite honest were quite spooked by all of the things that were hanging. Also, that it seemed like we were the only ones in the place...or so it seemed.
Murky pool
Everywhere in the hotel...and I mean everywhere!! I felt she was roaming the halls that night.


The elevator was creepy, the carpet guy was creepy, and the ladybugs on the wall were creepy. All in all it was one creepy hotel. I am sure the ghosts of past were roaming the hallways and back in the early 1900s it was the place to party and mingle, but not on October 26, 2008.



At least the conference was AWESOME!! I have so many great ideas to bring back to my team at school and share with my students. YES!!


Oh...I did manage to stop at a Kohl's Dept. Store Sunday and pick up some new shoes. I love shoes!




















2 comments:

morewineplease said...

I would have high tailed it out of that place.

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

HOLY crap I was freaked out by the misty pool.

Ha I was laughing about the haunting ladybugs..

glad the conference went good....