Monday, October 6, 2008

Issues Among Us

The economic situation in our country is so crazy. The stock market plunged again today. The stress some families feel with this has to be overwhelming. Kids in general don't really understand all of this or any of it. Seriously, money to them seems to be handed out at ATMs just because we have a card and a pin number. Trying to help them understand this situation takes a lot of guidance and understanding that we need to cut back somewhere. We have cut back on our entertainment for sure. Less going out to eat, movies, etc.



I found this article on MSN today. How can our country pull out of this mess and who should be liable for this disastrous situation. It puts things in to perspective for me. It was a crazy day on Wall Street.



Yesterday I went to church and found that after I left, I was so cranky. The homily was so depressing that the rain yesterday summed up that experience. So between the economy, the depressing homily, I felt very cranky. ( A long run should help me out...at least I think it will)

3 comments:

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

I agree this is the hardest time for My husband and I. We made many hard decisions on cutting things back. It sad and very depressing. This is the first time since we have been married that we are living paycheck to paycheck, and we both make good money, but the strain of higher cost we have been forced to stay at home more. The kids see this even though we try to hide the fact "very smart" ha!!! You know I remember my parents having the hardest time in the eighties,and I thought my parent could just write a check and everything would be ok... funny huh how kids think... Great post!!!

Cynthia said...

Cutting back here as well. The market is really scary. I hope the run helped:)

Yellow Beads said...

hey, atleast you went to church .I haven't been to mass in about five weeks, yikes!!!