Tuesday, October 21, 2008

10K Here I Come

I love to exercise. It is part of who I am...I get teased for it...called a nut job for it...but all in all I don't care because it is important to me. I have been training for my first 10K run this November. Hubby has been training too. We get to do it together. I am sure he will kick my butt.
I have done 5Ks and triathlons, but not a 6.2 mile run. I am so excited to do this. I am a bit nervous because the run is on Thanksgiving morning (this will justify all the great food and drink I will have that day), but the weather in Wisconsin is a crap shoot. Who knows what it will be? I could be running in 50 degrees or 20 degrees with snow and ice. Crazy...no backing out now, the form is filled out, the check made, and I am so ready to rock that race!!!!

Another exercise note...I go to this class at the Y...I have mentioned it before, it is like a boot camp. I love it. Anyways, a few men are in this class and OMG they really stink and sweat, it is so gross. It is the drippy sweat that leaves trails all over the floor...I gag everytime they are near me. They even grunt and huff and puff. Last night I felt like I was in the delivery room all over again. This guy was doing the same breathing exercises I did when I was in labor. Seriously!!!!! I will continue to go to this class spite the gross sweaty men and loud obnoxious sounds they make.

Halloween is almost here! I am working on a costume. I hope my students get it. I'll be going to Goodwill and the Salvation Army to get the things I need.

9 comments:

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

I know I have said this in the past but I wish my hubby would run with me. He just won't do it!

Can't wait to hear how you do on the race...and I really hope that the weather is nice for you. We will be up in Madison around Christmas and I want lots of snow for the kids to see.

Katie Ryan said...

Ewwwwwwww, sweaty men huffing and puffing!? Ewwwwwwwwww!

Kat said...

Are you my long lost twin? I did a Turkey Trot 10K last Thanksgiving. It was awesome. I am planning on doing it again this year. The year before I did it the weather was 65 and sunny. When I ran it last year it was 29, windy and there was ice on the road. It was still a blast. I think you are gonna love it! And yes, it really did justify all my eating that day. :)

I just finished getting the rest of my Halloween costume from Goodwill. So fun! :)

Kat said...

Oh yeah! I have pics of the run in case you were wondering.

http://fritterfarmers.blogspot.com/2007/11/thanksgiving-hangover.html

Yellow Beads said...

Oh fun that y'all will do it together. I think it's great you love to exercise. I wish I was that motivated!!

morewineplease said...

You go girl!! I totally want to be like you... when do you have the time?

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

You are going to rock this race!!! I hope you beat your husband butt this time HA! LOL EWWWW sweaty men, moaning and groaning YIKES!!

You must post a pic of your costume :)

Tammy said...

Confessions~ It's a secret. I will give you a clue...I am a character from a TV show. I will need to add weight to myself. (stuffing of somewhat). I am excited to pull this off.

Cynthia said...

You go girl! Rock that 10K!!!