Monday, October 13, 2008

Door County Weekend

It was a great weekend. A whole weekend without kids! We had a great time. We stayed in this resort right on the lake~ Lake Michigan~ we were in the thumb of Wisconsin. Anyways, the resort was nice we stayed in a cottage with everyone. (beds were very squeaky~held on to the headboard one night anyway) The weather was great~Indian Summer like temperatures. I ran on Friday...it was so beautiful not to enjoy a run. That way I felt like I could justify all the food and drink I knew I would have.



Hubby and me
I had one too many "Christmas Trees" that night. I love Gin and Tonic, but it makes me loopy. I paid for that night on Saturday morning.... a huge hangover...felt better later in the day. Saturday was the big Pumpkin Patch Festival where you walked around the town with open intoxicants...it was awesome! I decided to drink the margaritas instead of beer or wine.
Hubby had a plan..let's take the shortcut to the Festival....didn't work out so well....we were trespassers and the owners were not liking the fact that we wanted to cut through their property. So we were almost there...and we had to turn around and walk around. No big deal except I ruined my cute new shoes...they stunk like rotten fish and seaweed the whole day....nasty...I ended up going into one of those candle shops and spraying some room spray on my shoes. I think that is why the flies loved me that day. I am going to try and wash those shoes. I just love them!! Sorry Amy...it was all about the food and drink at the Fest! It was very crowded that day. Thousands of people...lots of thousands. Glad we walked our half mile and more after our detour.
The boys were looking at all the traffic and enjoying the day.
This is what I came h0me with. I went to two wineries on Friday. I was the driver so I couldn't go too crazy. I tried many types of wine...even tried the drys and semi dry. I ended up really liking this Blackberry Merlot. Never thought I would like the red wine, but I did. Yummy. I also like the apple blend wines...sweet. I didn't really like the holiday wines...to nutmeg ...spice for my liking. It was fun. At one of the wineries there was this bus that had about 50 women who were 75 years and older. They were cracking me up at the bar when ordering their wine. I hope that is me someday...living it up and having fun. That is what it is all about.



Anything else that happened....can't tell...just look at the sign. :)

5 comments:

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

Sounds like a blast...I am so glad you guys had a great time.

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

LMAO sorry you had stinky fish shoes, and I'm sure the spray only helped with the smell. It still look like you had a beautiful detour no matter if it wasn't pleasant to walk through. Good pictures.... the ones with your gf's is the best.... you look like you are having a blast. so I'm sure thats going to be y'all (the ladies at the winer 75 year old hotties having fun)...hehe!

p.s. That sign should be my motto!!!

Cynthia said...

Fun...except the shoes:( I went to Door County once. Do they still have the restaurant with the grass roof and the goats on it?

morewineplease said...

this really sounds like an amazing weekend! Glad you had a good time.. AWESOME PICTURES!!!

Yellow Beads said...

wow, looks like you had TONS of fun,-- and just the hubby, no kids--I am so jealous!