Friday, October 24, 2008

Friday Already?

Where did the week go? I can't believe it is Friday! I am so glad it is. I am also happy we have no PLANS! I can stay home and do whatever...that makes for a perfect weekend.





Last night went to Marshall's after I dropped Emma off at gymnastics. I look forward to my 1 hour of freedom every Thursday night. I usually will stop off somewhere to browse. But last night I hit gold at Marshall's. I found what I needed for my Halloween costume. I probably paid less for this outfit than I would of at Goodwill. I found 3 pieces of what I needed for $10.00. I only have a few accent pieces to pick up and I am golden. I am so excited to pull this off. My husband even thinks I did good. :) Not only did I get the goods for the costume, I found winter running gear, shoes, sweaters, and if I had more time to shop, I would of found more. I walked into the Gym to pick up Emma with a second to spare...I bet she was thinking "Where is my Mom?" I would blame it on the store clerk who was checking me out....she was admiring my picks for the costume and how excited she was to go shopping herself. The outfit everyone is HIDEOUS!!! Pictures will be up next week.

I know how much kids love to go to the bathroom....even my own kids, they seem to have to go everytime we go out. Oh how I love public restrooms...not! At school my students are the same way. They love to use the bathroom. They would go every 15 minutes if I let them. I have a great idea on how to use the most of our learning day. I will have them bring a book to the bathroom when they need to go for a long visit. That way they are using their time wisely, practicing their reading skills, they could log those wasted minutes on their reading calendars, and they could learn something while sitting down for a while. It seems that every afternoon after lunch has settled and the room starts to stink....that is when they all need to go and some of them, it is a good 15 minutes. Thank goodness for plug-ins, room sprays, and fragrant jars.

I can't wait 'til later...Blackberry Merlot is calling my name.

5 comments:

Dr. Wifey said...

kids and bathrooms...my dad always said my sister and I had to "check out the facilities" when we went out to eat

Yellow Beads said...

I can't wait to see photos of your costume!! Have a relaxing weekend!

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

I am with you....Merlot is calling me home right now as I type!

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

I can't what to see your costume. I love Marshall's, they really have awesome deals.

LOL on the bathroom breaks, my sister is a Sub and she tells me all the time about the smells and the need to go to the bathroom all day long...

Tricia said...

my guess for your Halloween costume...
Ugly Betty? I don't watch the show,never have, but that's what I'm getting from your clues.

Any reflective running gear or cold gear @ Marshall's? I almost puked @ Dick's when Under Armour cold gear shirt was $54.00! I settled for a Reebox one.