Thursday, October 9, 2008

All in the Family

I love my Mom dearly, but I feel like I am turning into her OCD behavior of literally vacuuming myself out of the house. I remember as a kid we would shout at her and "Mom let's go!" She would be dusting or throwing in another load of laundry just as we would head out for a vacation or school or something else. It would drive me and everyone else in the family crazy. So here I am today doing the same things she has done and quite honestly still does. We tease her about it all the time. Why am I writing about this today? Well...
  • I had to clean the toilet before I left for work today...why? Husband is home today (took the day off) and I left him a list of "honey dews" and one of the things was to clean the bathroom...I secretly thought he would forget about the toilet.
  • I had to put in the towels in the washer before I left and literally reminded him at least a dozen times to put them in the dryer and even put a reminder on the list. I know I heard a yes dear.
  • I almost changed my sheets this morning on the bed, but held back...left the bed unmade because hubby said he would take care of it. I hope it is made...because it drives me crazy that the bed is unmade. It was hard to leave.
  • I was loading the dishwasher, putting dishes away, had to finally pry myself away and had to get to work. OMG!! I am going to start vacuuming my way out any day.
  • Another thing, I probally wouldn't be so crazy, but we are leaving tonight for a 3 day weekend in Door County Wisconsin for a Fall Festival. It has a lot of wineries...so can't wait for that. The Father in Law is staying overnight tonight and the kids are staying different places each night after tonight. So I had to pack their bags and get things ready and type out lists for everyone from bus times, to lunch ideas, soccer times, etc. ( I think that is why I broke out in zits on my chin...I tend to do that when I get stressed)
  • So after I leave tonight....I won't worry anymore...I swear I will relax and enjoy the wine, the beer, and the friends we will be with. I told Alyssa she could text me anytime. She was crying when I left this morning...I won't see her before I leave. She has a softball game tonight and won't be home until late. Funny...she wouldn't hardly hug me yesterday...we embarassed her at the restaurant last night. She was sinking in her seat. Emma and Brandon were laughing. Good times.
  • See what I mean...I am so ADHD myself...I type random thoughts. Have a good weekend! Oh...I'll have to let everyone know all about the good wine I tried this weekend. I am going running too. The area is so beautiful I can't help myself.

5 comments:

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

I am so much like you...I do all the same stuff every morning while my oldest son is yelling we are late again!!! I can't help it.

When I lived in Wisconsin we woould go to Door County every summer. Have a great time :)

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

Honestly there is nothing wrong with wanting things clean. It bothers me going to someone else house and it is nasty. LOL you know I was going to write about my husbands OCD today, but feared he would read it since he is at work. HMM I might have to post it tomorrow.

OK I'm jealous, the three day weekend sounds amazing. Beer, Wine, & friends how wonderful.

Gosh that is sad that Alyssa cried, I know that makes it hard to leave. But everyone needs a litte get away. Lord I know, I have three kids ....

OK well this long.. Have a great time and don't stress over it too much...

Katie Ryan said...

I can't believe you do that too. I can't leave the house unless it's clean. Literally cannot leave the house.

Yellow Beads said...

The older I get, the more of a germ-aphob I get. I hate germs, especially bathrooms and toilets!

morewineplease said...

have fun!! Cannot wait to hear about the wine... How in the world do you get away with leaving a list for the Hubby??? Mine would laugh at me??

I think we all turn into our mamas!