Friday, August 1, 2008

What to Do? What to Do?

After scheduling the dreaded surgery I will be having very soon, I went for a 3.2 mile run last night. It felt great. It was probably one of my faster paced runs too. How can I quit all of this? In two weeks I won't be running like that. It truly makes me crazy. I know it is only a few weeks of a setback, I should get over it, but it really bites!! I even thought about canceling the surgery for a winter date instead. I'm not sure of what to do. It might be easier to heal when the weather outside sucks and the kids are in school. I'm really on the fence about this. Or should I suck it up and get it over with. Not sure???

Also, I report back to work in a few weeks as well. I was off for the summer...I am a teacher. I'm worried about getting my classroom set up? How much lifting will I really be able to do? I am feeling very obsessed about this can you tell?

2 comments:

Laurie // 312 Beauty said...

I think you'll manage! Get it done - you don't want the thing bursting. While you're at it, can you get Dad to get his done? They came to visit me in Chicago yesterday and it was hurting him just walking.

Cynthia said...

Ugh, good luck to you. It's tough to take a break for surgery. My best friend is a skier, she had both feet operated on, which kept her off skis for a while. The good news, you will get better:)

Thanks for you kind words on my blog!