Friday, August 15, 2008

Tri Madness Weekend

I can't do a triathlon this weekend so instead my daughter is doing one for me. I so wish it was me too, but with the surgery the other day, I am out for a while. Oh well, I will be the biggest supporter of her tomorrow morning. Go A Go!!

She has been watching me for years racing and training, so she thought she needed to give it a try. She really hasn't been training, but she is physically fit and is in soccer. However, last night she did a 1.25 mile run in 8 min 55 seconds. So proud of her.

So, finally we gave in to her request and she will be competing in the the Jr Triathlon tomorrow morning here in Kenosha, Wisconsin at Pleasant Prairie Park~ Lake Andrea. She will be in the age group with 11-12 year olds. I am so excited for her. She has already written down a list of what to bring, eat and drink. How funny.

She will be swimming 200 meters, biking 5 miles, and running 1.2 miles. She has been working with P.. her friend(like her sister) for a while. P is doing the tri tomorrow as well.
I'll post some pics tomorrow and show everyone how she did.




The girls at the Danskin Tri Expo 2008!


Go Girls Go!! We are so proud!!

4 comments:

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

Congrats to her, wow I know you are so proud.

Tricia said...

Rock it out "pookie"!!

justme said...

that is awesome !

Kat said...

That is awesome! She is so inspired by her mom. I love it. And that is a super fast 1.25 miles! WOW!
Good luck to her!