Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Rambling on about Nothing on Wednesday

This is the last hurrah! We are leaving for a short camping trip up north WI. However, not too north. This will be my last chance to do anything physical for at least 3 weeks. (The dreaded surgery next week) So, we will be swimming, hiking, biking, running, fishing, and of course drinking. There is nothing like a cold beer while sitting around a campfire. Can't wait. This way I won't have to read or listen to all of the Brett Favre drama that is going on...that is another story. I'll just read my James Patterson mystery "You Have Been Warned", my running magazines, and take nice long naps inbetween.

Ran this morning. It felt so good to sweat like a pig and pretty much smell like one too afterwards. JK I did a 2.5 mile run. Short and sweet. I have to pack everything before hubby comes home from work. Which reminds me, I have to go back to work in 2 1/2 weeks. Yikes! I love summer, but it always goes so fast. I have a lot to do before the first day of school.

I also have to say that I have made addicts out of my daughters. They are literally addicted to Starbucks. EG is swilling down a Frappie as I type. Alyssa begs me everytime we even attempt to drive anywhere...Can we stop for Starbucks? OMG if I stopped everytime they wanted it, I would be busted! She hates to part with her own money, but doesn't mind spending mine.

Enough of this rambling today. We are off for a couple day retreat.

One more thing I promise...it is just our family no other campers we know. That ought to be interesting. ( We usually bring friends to keep the kids entertained) The kids may drive us nuts crazy by the end of the week. I'll post pics later this week.

2 comments:

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

HMMMM beer campfires that speaks volumes to my soul. we purchased our camper a year ago, and adore it. I can't remember why we did it just one of those spontaneous things.
Camping and beer is a nice way to spend a vacation. Gosh that sounds kinda redneckish....

Fav-va-rah is all we hear here since he is our hometown hero,,, yuck with all his drama..

well have a nice break and enjoy your time, you will have to blog about it.... :)

Cynthia said...

Try to enjoy your vacation! I am sooo not a camper, but it sounds like a good time.

Thanks for your kind words on my blog:)