Sunday, August 24, 2008

Rockin' Hard

We rocked so hard last night I didn't get out of bed until 9:00am. That is unheard of around here. I am always up bright and early. Today I had to force my head off the pillow so I could get some much needed Ibuprofen for the pounding headache I had. Once I finally rolled out of bed and ate, I felt fine.

We started the night by going to see one of our favorite bands. They are called Boys and Toys. They were the band that played at our wedding and my husband works with the singer, so we have seen them many times. They proved they are still a rockin' playing rock from the 70s and 80s and even music of today. The crowd was great...I fit right in. (I didn't feel old).

With this event, the bands that are scheduled only play for about an hour and the next band comes on. We stayed for the next one called 89 Mojo...very good band. We "moshed" to the Violent Femmes. OMG...that brings back memories from back in the day. LOVED IT. "Why can't I get just one kiss...Why can't I get just one f.ck..." Oh yeah, we were screaming those lyrics. "Gone Daddy Gone, Love is Gone" Anyone else know the Violent Femmes?


We decided to go to some other bars that were participating in the event. More bands, huge crowds, lots of beer, shots, and dancing. Most bars had a waiting line to get in. The best part was the "drunk" bus that picked you up and brought you to bar to bar. That whole experience reminded me of college...we had a drunk bus that would pick you up and bring you home safely.



This was the "drunk" bus. A wild ride...can you imagine

a bunch of people in their 30s and 40s shouting like maniacs?!


I was so trying to get a picture of a group of girls who belonged on the show "What Not to Wear", but my camera sucks...very obnoxious flash...so by the time our group was trying to figure out a way...the skanky whoes left (spelling is so off on those words). The outfits were a black spandex mini dress with this hole by the boobs that made them look like balloons were coming out of the shirt. Hookers they were I swear. Yikes.

The bus was a great idea...the only thing that really sucked was that it stopped running at midnight and we had to walk a mile back to our car. Nice....the walk helped exercise the booze out of my system. Can't wait til next year. So much fun. I will post just a few of the pictures.





Getting ready to go out. Mr. Handsome and I.




Pat, Cari, and Tricia...Rock out!






Cari and Tammy (me) . We were the girls singing in this bar

with the 2 man band. Bust a Move...(song) Remember that one?!


This was the sign that was posted on the bus. Awesome!

The conversation with numerous people on the bus...talking about

other things they would rather lick. Think gutter people.


The boys waiting to get in. We went in before them. So sorry boys.

Rocked out at this bar. They were playing ZZ Top...so 8os rock was the

theme for the night. Sure made me feel like I was in college again.

6 comments:

justme said...

yes violent femmes - college blister in the sun fun fun fun....

Tricia said...

So much fun...next year we'll make sure the sitters can stay late. Looks like we missed out on lots, esp. Pat's tongue! Yikes, I had a hangover this AM, too much tap beer!

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

I think ya'll needed a room... lawdy girl how can you even blog. My head would still be swimming, of course I'm not a good drinker. The band sounds awesome. I'm glad your camera had a flash melt down... don't think I would want to see the what not to wear lady YIKES...

Glad ya had fun!!!

Malia said...

Brings back memories from college for sure. You definitely look like you had fun!

Tammy said...

Confessions~ I was amazed at myself that I blogged so fast about it. I felt like I was 21 all over again.

Malia~ Remember the "drunk" bus from our UWW days? How 'bout homecoming this year?

Kat said...

You look like a fun group! And wow! You and your hubby are a great looking couple!