Friday, July 11, 2008

Tri Madness

This is it. The weekend of the triathlon. I've been in serious training mode now for 3 or more months. Hours of swimming, biking, and running. I've improved my swimming by actually doing the front crawl. (I did the breast stroke last year...very slow) I've practiced my breathing and think now I have it down to a science. The biking is the same ole thing. I've always been a biker, so that comes easy to me. The only factor for me is wind speed and by the looks of things...wind will not be an issue. Finally, the run. That was always the hardest for me, but all of the 5K races and endless hours of training, I should be good to go. My only goal is to improve my time from last year and not get lost coming out of the water and freak out when I can't find my bike. (There are about 4,000 of them). I found a way to make my bike stand out...lots of balloons and neon signs!

My husband is rejoicing because this is it...( or at least he thinks it is :) sorry honey...I am ADDICTED! He is a real understanding...since he sees me very minimally during my training season. Hopefully he has a Summer Shandy waiting for me at the finish line. Can't wait to share pictures of me (hopefully I don't look like I'm going to puke...just huge smiles).

Until Sunday....

No comments: