Sunday, July 27, 2008

A Day with Miller~Brewery that is...








I have lived in Wisconsin all of my life and never once took a tour of the Miller Brewing Company. I've done Leinenkugels and Old Style(Lacrosse, WI... a long time ago), but never Miller. So after running the 5K at Miller Park home of the Milwaukee Brewers it only seemed fitting to head on over to the Brewery for some beer. A celebration of a hard workout.
We got our tickets and our tour began. It started with a 10 minute video...very good I might add, except for the weasels behind us who were whooping it up at 11:00 am and seeming like they were 15 and not legal to drink (they had wristbands)...but you never know. Okay the video has ended and off to see the plant. Wouldn't you know it...cleaning day, nothing going on in the factory...what a bummer. Would of liked to see the bottles and cans being fed through at a very fast rate. We saw the warehouse of beer and it was more beer in one room than I ever saw.








John and Tammy



Cari and Pat( EC that is)

I was waiting for the best part...the samples. We finally got to the first stop at a pub on campus called Miller Inn. We were seated at a table with a small bag of pretzels waiting and a glass of Miller Lite. That was the best Miller Lite I ever tasted. I was parched and hungry. I wanted another bag of pretzels. ( Now remember I haven't eaten anything after the race and I puked as well.)
Cheers to a great time!

The Fearsome Foursome...watch out!

The last stop was the Miller Beer Garden across the street where 2 more samples of our choosing were waiting. I chose Leinenkugels Honey Weiss and Miller Lite. I wasn't too experimental. I was parched and wanted to have what I know and what I would like. Needless to say I got drunk off of 3 beer samples...not full 12 oz, but samples. I was ready to party....I felt great...wanted more drinks...and even talked about going bar hopping. (It wasn't even quite noon) I knew I had to eat. We stopped for lunch at a local pub, ate, and realized I am not 21 anymore and am exhausted. By the time we drove home (45 minutes) I felt like I was hung over. It was only 2pm at this point. So, for the rest of the day I laid around and realized once again I AM NOT 21.
Great Day! Thanks to EC for being the DD in the new Sequoia...as Miller says...Drink Responsibly!!












No comments: