Friday, July 11, 2008

My Love for Shandy~ Summer Shandy

I love summer and warm sun. I love to have a cold beer on a hot summer day. It is driving me crazy that I am not having my favorite beverage. I am competing this weekend and you would think I am some sort of alcoholic or something. I've been craving beer all day. (you can't have it, so you want it even more)
This is how my love affair with Summer Shandy began.... One warm night last summer John came home with a 6 pack of Shandy. Here is a beer we should try...okay I thought..I'm game for it. I love beer. I like Miller Lite, Bud Light, and other domestic type beers. Then I tried Leinenkugels Summer Shandy ( a subtle lemon beer with good flavor..wish I would explain it better) I would have to say it is my most favorite beer. Instead of 6 packs~it's cases of the stuff. I've had Miller Chill and the Bud Light Lime, but nothing holds a candle to my Summer Shandy. I even toured the Leinenkugel's brewery last summer and used all free beer tokens on the Shandy. It is a seasonal beer so when September comes I just have to live without until Spring when it rolls out again.
Needless to say I will be enjoying my Shandy on Sunday right after the triathlon. (as soon as I cross the finish line) I made sure John stocked the fridge. Cheers to summer and Summer Shandy!
I love this beer! If you haven't tried it, it is a must.

No comments: