Monday, July 21, 2008

Fishing Frenzy

Whenever we vacation, it is always about fishing. The kids beg to do it all day and in the evening. So this past week, we went for a 5 day camping vacation with the intention of fishing as much as possible. (The rain prevented us a bit..look for the next story) To prepare for this, my husband purchased a blow up boat that can hold 800 lbs and can have a motor on it . Since we have a camper we would prefer not to tow a boat behind that. So we opted to purchase a boat so that we can fish for something other than the "biscuit" you catch on shore. Everyone took turns in the boat (don't want to have too many kids with hooks in it at a time). Yikes!


However, the boat was a great plan after all. It brought pleasure to all the kids and the grown boys as well. We caught some fish other than the little ones along the shore. Had enough to clean and eat for dinner one night. Everyone but me...I don't do fish eating at all!!


The shore brought luck as well. I was reeling in blue gill like crazy, the only thing with me, is I like to fish, but to bait it or take the fish off is well not my favorite. I try, but I have a lot of work to do in that area. So, I usually ask my daughters or son for help. Emma (our youngest) will run at the chance to take the fish off of any ones line. She would rather do that, than fish herself. Alyssa is an expert too. Brandon likes to get tangled at any opportunity and drives his Dad crazy. Oh well....until we catch the big one.




Emma caught the first fish of the trip.
To small to keep... had to throw it back. It swallowed the hook.





It took a bit, but it got put back in the lake.

No comments: