Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Obsession of the Fittest


I love to exercise. My husband thinks I am obsessed about it. I wouldn't argue because if I miss a day or two I start to pace and get very antsy. I do all kinds of things to stay in tip top shape. I attend classes at the Y, bike, swim, run, and do weights. I've always been into doing those things until last year, I decided I would step it up a notch and sign up for 5K races and OMG even a triathlon. I competed and completed my first triathlon in July 2007. It was the Danskin all women one. I was so proud of my accomplishment that I think at that point I was hooked. I love the competition and feeling the adrenaline pumping through my body.
I completed two other 5K races last Fall and knew that the year I turned 40...watch out! Once you turn 40, you head into a whole new bracket for racing... the older but not golden group. On June 28th I ran in a local 5K race and came in third in my age group! I was so pumped. I made my family wait around for my medal of honor. (you had to be present to win...how dumb) Anyways, this weekend is the Danskin triathlon once again. I've trained and have learned through experience. I will succeed. I most likely won't be taking home a trophy, but once again the obsession will linger on for years and years to come.








Danskin triathlon July 2007...My best friend Cari and I.






I am running to the finish on June 28, 2008. I am way to the right.




My 3rd place medal.

1 comment:

Laurie // 312 Beauty said...

You are a little obsessed! But in a good way - I wish I could be that into exercising. Maybe when I'm 40?!