Sunday, March 1, 2009

Nets and Noodles

Nets/Noodles is an annual event at our school. It is a fundraiser with food, raffles, auctions, and a community basketball game. The basketball teams are our school staff members vs The SL Fire Dept. Last year we got just killed. They beat us by a lot. First of all their team is made up of all men and our team has a mix of men and women. They also were out for blood or to prove that they will NBA ready or something. This year we said it had to be a much friendlier game and add some silliness too.
An introduction of our team...we had 10 players this year. Some of the people who played last year were busy and some happened to get the flu that day. So 10 we are. Nice picture...uggghh..We even had cheerleaders!
In action.....


In for the rebound (see all those young boys...I taught some of them when they were in 1st and second grade and now they are in their 20s) It made me feel old or maybe they were being nice to me(letting me get the rebound) because I was their teacher at one point and guess what? I scored 1 basket for our team that night. YEAH!!

I was truly scared of being knocked over by these boys. Some were men too. This one guy was a little serious and was pushing me around and pounced on my foot. He probally weighed at least 100 pounds more than me. Who knows.... The silliness was putting wigs on, using a football, hula hooping, etc.
It was a fun night. My family came to watch their wife and mom play a sport that I really am not good at. Thanks to hubby for taking care of the camera and taking tons of photos.
This year the teachers won the game. The final score was 55 to 50.



7 comments:

Yellow Beads said...

Hey Tammy, Can you please send me your mailing address for the Cocoa Puffs tee shirt? My email is wpmomof2 at gmail dot com. Thanks!

Dr. Wifey said...

sounds like fun!

Wacie's Way said...

Go teachers!!!

Thank you for your thoughts on Kiki - I really appreciate it. I knew the time was coming and had told my hubby that I would need some time before we got another dog, but now that Kiki is gone, the house seems so empty - I have a feeling we will have a new addition to our family within the month.

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

So cute...sounds like a lot of FUN!!

Betsy Mae said...

Can I PLEASE tell you how gorgeous your legs are????? Holy cowza!

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

OMG you look great no matter what action you having to fight off. Dang girl, you showed them a thing or two... I have to say you rock .... what a great fund raiser....

Cynthia said...

Look at you go! I am horrible at basketball:P Go you!