Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Lazy or Not...

I think tweens are a lot like newborns in some sense because you need to have patience, understanding ( expression is sometimes a guessing game), and wonder why all of a sudden they can't sleep anymore???

For the last 2 nights A is having the hardest time sleeping. She comes in our room around 11:00 pm and says to us " I can't sleep." I try to be patient and say relax, close your eyes, and if that doesn't help read a book to help calm you. A little while later she comes back up and says "I can't sleep, I have a headache." I tell her to go and take something. I must of been half asleep because I realized that I just told my 12 year old to take care of herself, get some ibuprofen and go back to sleep. If that were my newborn, I would actually of gotten out of bed to do all of these things.

This morning I walk out of my room to get some coffee and as I was turning on some lights, I realized she was sleeping on the couch. I don't even remember telling her to do that, but apparently I did so that if she did need something I wouldn't have to walk ALL the way to her room. I even asked her if she took the right amount of Ibuprofen. She did...phew...I was sort of thinking she could of taken some men's vitamin or something else in the cabinet especially now since she has started swallowing pills. I had to do that...the liquid bottles were going down like water...2 doses and done. Much easier...

Is that being a bad Mom? I didn't even get out of bed to help her. She is a responsible girl. Now, if that were my other 2 kids...Yes I would of got up to help. I feel kind of bad that I didn't help her and made her take care of herself. I was so cozy in my bed I didn't want to get out of it. However, if she were puking and feverish, I would of helped. I don't want her to feel like I don't care because I do, but I think all of this sleep stuff is happening because of the time change and she did have a sleepover on Saturday night and she did stay up until 3 am and slept so late on Sunday that no wonder she wasn't tired. Then Monday night comes and now I have a headache because I couldn't sleep. ( You see, I am just trying to talk myself into that I AM NOT A BAD MOM.)

***Side note*** I lapped him last night at the gym...so there! I even rubbed it in, in a way that didn't seem mean. Of course there was all kinds of excuses. I haven't lost it after all!

4 comments:

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

Bad mom..NEVER!

Good for you lapping him :)

Cynthia said...

I have no answer on the sleep issue. Mine are so young, I have to get up:(

WAY TO GO ON LAPPING! I can't shout that any louder;)

BioniKat said...

As kids get older its natural to expect them to help themselves. You were dozy and half asleep. My kids laugh at the things I say to them in my half asleep state when I am disturbed. If she had really been sick she would have persisted with you and you would have woken up. So long as she knows what to take and how much she is fine. And sleeping on the couch doesn't do any lasting damage, I do it all the time!

Kat said...

Nope. Not a bad mom at all. :)


Hurray on lapping the dude! HAHA! Take THAT mister!