Thursday, March 5, 2009

Triple Threat

Irritable, Frustrated, and just plain bitched up. That about sums up what I am feeling and thinking today. Must be the clouds, weather, and the fact that I am approaching my birthday...again. (Why do the years seem to fly by?)

Why irritable? On my way to work this morning...hoping that my cell doesn't ring because that usually means my kids are calling me for some dumb reason. It is never an emergency. Aww hell the phone is ringing and they are announcing a great concert on the radio....shhhh phone I don't want to miss the details of where this nostalgic concert will be and OMG I have to go that concert. I answer the phone just in case it is an emergency...it's not. "Mom, I don't want to wear my coat to school today. Can I wear a hoodie?" "Brandon it is 38 degrees outside...you need to wear your coat. I know the forecast says it is suppose to be near 50 degrees, but YOU NEED TO WEAR A COAT!! I am not asking you to bundle up like you are in the frozen tundra." I hang up bummed that I missed where this concert will be. Within a minute Emma is now calling me. WTF people "Mom, Alyssa is only wearing a vest today. I want to wear my vest too" Me..."Emma, Alyssa doesn't have outside recess like you, please wear your coat." She proceeds to beg and whine about wanting to wear her vest. I'm not sure what she ended up going to school in, but I hope she had some sort of coat on. Tonight we will have a chat about expectations and NOT calling me for these reasons. Hell, I don't want to miss my me time and radio. lol

Why Frustrated? Same reasons as above, but at school where I teach I have kids only wearing hoodies to school. I feel terrible sending them out to recess when it is 40 degrees out and they don't have a coat. They think just because it is March (Spring season in a couple weeks) it means let's break out the summer wardrobe and wear flip flops. We live in Wisconsin! It doesn't get warm around here for months! We may have nice days here and there, but not nice enough to not wear coats or even dress in layers. I send them out because hey...I am not their parents and I wouldn't want anyone to be ticked at me for trying to parent their child.

Why Bitched Up? Because last night when running this guy who has been wanting to beat me finally did!! What the hell I ask myself? Why did this guy find it okay to say Thanks to me after he beat me in a sprint around the track. He tells me that he thought he would never beat me and hell he did. So now I am going to do everything I can for that not to EVER happen again.

I will blame last night's mishap on the fact that it was my 6th day in a row working out, I had Girl Scout Cookies, ate dinner right before class, and I just finished my cycle. That's why...not because he is faster than me.

About my birthday...it seems like I just turned 40 why does 41 have to come so soon?

The concert that I HAVE to go to is Def Leppard, Poison, and Cheap Trick. Maybe that way I can relive the 80s all over again! Or this time around I will REMEMBER the concert because the first time I saw them back in 1988 I really don't remember much!! No...it's not dementia either.

11 comments:

Hair Bows & Guitar Picks said...

Sounds like a fun concert!

I hope you get out of your mood soon..it's almost the weekend!

Kat said...

Oooo. That would be a fun concert! I saw Cheap Trick in concert a few years back and it was so much fun!

Hope your days goes much better tomorrow. :)

K Storm said...

Girl, I am there with you. No one can do anything to help now but let me work through it!!

I'll turn 41 on the 16th this month and for some reason I really don't want to think about.

I volunteer at my daughter's school in the library on Thursday and thought about calling in sick because I feel fat.

Here's hoping you have a better day. Here's hoping I do too!

Dr. Wifey said...

i have had several of "those" days lately. hope you feel better soon :)

Tricia said...

Rest while working out/training is so important, give your body a break, it needs it!

Really, some kids are at school today in SHORTS, now we know where their mothers are...driving to work :}

Hang in there spring is right around the corner!

Wacie's Way said...

Hang in there!! Maybe the promise of Spring will help?!

The line up for the concert sounds awesome!!!!

morewineplease said...

I feel like I have those same conversations with my kids EVERYDAY... and would you believe I have to have the same conversation with my husband...I am getting aggrivated all over again!
Have a great weekend!!!! I am sure going to try!

Yellow Beads said...

Oh, I so feel your frustration. My kids, as you know, are only toddlers but I still feel like there are days when they whine whine whine and I can't have a minute to myself!!

Cynthia said...

See, now I'm pisses off that the dude passed you on the track! I so get where you are coming from there.

Birthday thing as well...mine is coming up, again. I just reconciled the last one!

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

The same reason I need a twix's in my mouth when I want to tell someone what I really think.... this morning I made a 4th grade girl cry b/c she was picking on Addie, and I had enough.... and then on my drive to work... I'm like what is wrong with me.. why did I do that.... am I just getting older and don't care what I say.. who knows.. but i'd told that guy well next time when i don't eat girl scout cookies...i'll beat you down... and I want to go to that concert...

Wacie's Way said...

Hope you are doing better!! Harley is a redbone coonhound. He is between 5 and 7 years of age. He is such a sweet dog. It just breaks my heart the hard life he has had so far.

I hope warm weather is coming your way soon! I think the rest of the week here it is suppose to get cold again :-(